Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 - LR, PUP, EAP, PPF, tint, 2k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really liked the red (and so did the buyer). But, it now costs more than other colors (it didn't when I ordered the just-sold car), and seems to be the color Tesla has the most problems with (there were no problems on mine, but I know multiple people around here that did have problems with theirs). I could live with one of those, but not both.

So I'm getting Midnight Silver. At least it will have red calipers. Maybe I will put red stickers on the Tesla logos?

Oh, and just as I was heading to the bank to sell the car, Tesla called and moved my P3D delivery up to Wednesday. Cool.

I'm retired so I'd ordinarily worry about having enough tax liability for one tax credit, let alone two (I have missed out in the past). But this year we are moving, so I am selling investments to pay for it, so it should be easy. That was actually part of what pushed me to make the switch to a P3D.

Delivery was very fast and easy. The car showed up exactly on time, and all paperwork was as expected. There is one small smudge inside the car, but otherwise it looks perfect. Well, maybe the panel gaps aren't quite as good as my former Model 3. But they are fine, and if I wasn't looking for them I wouldn't have noticed anything.

20181107_143655_HDR.jpg