Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3, White, LR RWD, EAP/FSD, Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Located in San Diego. I have a P3D on order so I’m upgrading. Really trying to gauge interest so I will entertain any reasonable offer. PM me for more details or interior pics.

· Pearl White with black interior

· 16,000 miles

· 20” Forgestar F14s with Michelin Pilot 4s (optional brand new stock 18s)

· Lowered 1” on T-Sportline springs

· Enhanced Autopilot

· FSD

· Full Ceramic Coating

· Front-end Xpel PPF

· 20% ceramic tint all around (one piece in the rear) and 80% on the windshield.

· Emblems, door handles, and center console wrapped in 3M matrix black.

The car in flawless condition. No dents, dings, or scratches. No curb rash on the wheels.

$49,500

I’m willing to drop the price $2,000 if you’d like the 18” wheels from my P3D. They will have no miles!

Thanks for looking.

Photo Oct 21, 1 37 36 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 21, 1 20 02 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 21, 1 24 25 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 21, 1 18 45 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 21, 1 26 02 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 21, 1 36 40 PM.jpg

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
It would void the warranty for any suspension related problems, but not for anything else. For example, it would be illegal for Tesla to refuse to fix the stereo because of lowering springs.

On a side note, I have the original springs so and I’ll give them to the new owner.
The issue with Magnuson-Moss is that it is only comes into play in a court of law, months after the refused warranty claim. A manufacturer can (and frequently do) deny warranty for any modification they want. While it might be illegal, the odds of someone taking them court over warranty denial is very small. They can easily argue that the change in suspension put extra stress on the motors, thereby voiding the motor/battery warranty or any similar BS excuse they want. The very few times people do sue, their high priced lawyers frequently push it into arbitration (which favors the larger company). It is a very painful and expensive path that rarely ends well for the consumer.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx and P85_DA
Thanks for chiming in. Though I would agree an OEM could play silly games, I don't want to give any potential buyers viewing this thread that lowering the car by an inch realistically carries the risk that it voids the motor/battery warranty.

Reactions: Iceh8r
Thanks for chiming in. Though I would agree an OEM could play silly games, I don't want to give any potential buyers viewing this thread that lowering the car by an inch realistically carries the risk that it voids the motor/battery warranty.
I agree. Very tiny chance Tesla would pull something like that. I only mentioned it because I have been on the wrong side of those BS denial of warranty claims. I previously bought a new 2008 G37 when they came out and I took off the stock 19"s and installed lightweight Volk TE37 19s. I had one of the front Brembo calipers seize on me at about 18k miles. Infiniti denied my warranty replacement of the caliper because I had after market wheels. I probably could have submitted a MMWA claim and possibly won, but after 20+ calls/emails to Infiniti/Nissan corporate, I caved and ended up buying a caliper and replacing it myself. It was cheaper and faster than hiring a lawyer. That is what they count on.