Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 with Intermittent no heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My April 2018 Model 3 (62K miles) is currently in service for heat problem that started 1st week of Feb 2022. We thought it to be intermittent as well, but then narrowed it down to the fact that the heat worked fine at fan speed 5 or lower, but above 5, it started blowing cold air through system. They are trying to fix by replacing "HVAC, Bleed actuator (1107674-00-A)". Not fixed in one day, so we'll have to see if that works tomorrow. My estimate went from $230 to not $830... Crossing fingers it doesn't go higher.

HMMM ... apparently I am not the only owner with a resistive PTC heater that failed after last weeks update.
Just seems odd, 54k miles not ONE problem. 24hrs after the latest update, heater fails.

Yeah I just left Tesla and had them do a factor reset for another issue. After coming out I noticed the only time I have heat is if it’s on FULL heat. Other than that it’s cool air

I would recommend reporting to the NHTSA. I am having this same issue and reported as well. I totally agree. Hard to know for sure if it was a software update that causes it, but if it is, it’s pretty messed up we are paying for it.