Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 model s 75d battery condition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to purchase a 2018 model s 75d with 54000 miles. What kind of battery degradation is normal? It says 100% and 222 miles range. Also looking at a 2016 and its charge for a 75d was 92% and 262 miles range. This car has 85000 miles on it. Dose not seem right to me. Any advice would be great.

222 miles is about right for that mileage. You can probably get more if you discharge and charge battery to full. Also at that mileage most of the degradation is complete in my experience. I haven't had any measurable loss between 50k and 100k miles.

262 is "ideal" range, its a complete meaningless number. You need to go into Menu > Display > Distance > Rated to change the display to actual rated range.

222 miles is about right for that mileage. You can probably get more if you discharge and charge battery to full. Also at that mileage most of the degradation is complete in my experience. I haven't had any measurable loss between 50k and 100k miles.

262 is "ideal" range, its a complete meaningless number. You need to go into Menu > Display > Distance > Rated to change the display to actual rated range.
Thanks for the input. It might be worth the 5k more for the 2018. No retractable sun roof but no leaks lol.

I don't think so. Sounds like the 2018 is a no brainier.

Personally I went for the coils because I drive a lot and want reliability but as it turns out the air suspension is also quite reliable. If I were to do it over again I would buy the air suspension.