Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S Headrest Removal

Are you tall (over 6 feet) and do you have trouble with the premium headrests?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As, the title states I want to temporarily remove the headrests from the premium front seats of my Model S, to have them modified at an upholstery shop. I am 6’-6” tall and the bottom lip of the headrest jabs me right between the shoulder blades. Very uncomfortable.

Yes, they are set at their highest position.

My hope is to have the upholsterer cut off the bottom 2 ½” of the lip on the front of the headrest and re-wrap it.

Does anyone know if there are instructions or a video on how to temporarily remove the headrests?

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the S, but the Model 3 does the same thing for me. What I have seen though, instead of reupholstering, the support columns can be bent a little to push the headrest back a little.

Just about every car does this to me. I rent a lot and I've turned some headrests around backwards and even just pulled the dang things out. I hate that folks just don't to seem to understand what having a taller torso means. It's the same with office chairs.

The Model S headrest is mounted to the seat back and slides up and down, there are no metal supports that can be bent.

20160901_070847.jpg