Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model X 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full Exterior Body Wrap SunTek Ultra Gloss Paint Protection Coat, Ceramic Pro Gold Interior Protection, Front Side Windows Tinting - (decreases energy use)
  • 7 Seat Interior
  • Pearl White Multicolor Exterior
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • Cream Premium Interior
  • Figured Ash Wood Décor
  • Towing Package
  • EAP
  • 14,500 miles
  • Warranty until August 2022 or 50,000 miles
  • Asking $89,500 + $7,085 for body wrap
For comparison:
New Tesla today this configuration: $99,500 minus tax credit of $3,750, plus 1,200 Delivery fee, plus $8,300 finance charge (if financing with Tesla) = 105,250 total without tax.

IMG_4939.jpeg IMG_4940.jpeg IMG_4941.jpeg IMG_4943.jpeg IMG_4946.jpeg IMG_4947.jpeg IMG_4949.jpeg

Finance charge - the charge a person will be charged for the privilege of borrowing money from a financial institution, such as a bank. It is usually a certain % of the price of the car. (% is a portion based on 100 representing the whole}. Hope that helps.

If a person buys from Tesla and finances through them, the finance charge is about double the financial industry standard and it will affect the total cash needed. Some will find that info useful.

Finance charge - the charge a person will be charged for the privilege of borrowing money from a financial institution, such as a bank. It is usually a certain % of the price of the car. (% is a portion based on 100 representing the whole}. Hope that helps.

If a person buys from Tesla and finances through them, the finance charge is about double the financial industry standard and it will affect the total cash needed. Some will find that info useful.

I think you misunderstand what a finance charge is. It’s simply the amount of interest you pay over the life of the loan so it’ll be different for everyone. It’s not an extra charge you pay for the “privilege of borrowing money”. Take a look at your MVPA or loan document. Purchase price + sales tax + doc fees - downpayment = Amount financed. Amount financed + finance charge = total of all payments.

Last edited:
James, yes. I am considering selling (or trading for model 3,S) and the wrap does add a cost (and value to some). I realize that this is not for everyone as most people here are looking for deals and will never consider investing $$ for pain protection to preserve the look of a new car. Don't mean to offend anyone with the price. I am aware that I will most likely going to keep and enjoy my car.

Last edited:
Thank you for commenting. Yes, I could have picked a less pricier option on the paint protection. You are right on that. The package also has interior coat - nano technology and tinted side windows. The interior protects from dirt on all surfaces - they become spill proof, including the “suede” that is first to get smudged.

This particular option also has the wrap applied “invisibly” without visible edges, they have it folded under the surface- you can’t easily find that type of workmanship in other shops, so we searched this one out.

This car is in showroom condition and will stay that way. No waxing needed and you won’t ever get those car wash swirls or rock chips on your paint and it always looks waxed. I included links in red in my original email if you are interested.

Again, it is for those car aficionados that see value in that.

If you do have a habit of purchasing a wrap on your brand new car before the first carwash and you have a model 3 or model S looking to upgrade to X, I believe we can find a deal making both of us better off than selling and purchasing new.

I am fully aware that this isn’t a post for most of you. Thanks for visiting.

Last edited: