Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3 Performance Stock Height Shock Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to see if anyone kept their Model 3 Performance standard height.

Riding on 245 35 20 tires with the stock 20s.

Approaching 60k miles and looking to swap the shocks.

Not sure what people experiences are with keeping the OEM Springs, read plenty of forums of lowering springs with Teins but haven't seen reviews on stock height.

As a 19 its already lower than the newer performances due to the older style springs, don't see the point really of lowering it and buying camber arms for another $400-$500.

Looking for the best budget upgrade for keeping factory height.

Thanks!

@BUCKM3P What are you looking for from the upgrade? Better ride? Better handing? A mix of both? If both, which would you emphasize more?

Koni FSD?

Better than teins?

@BUCKM3P I'm with you on staying stock height.

For keeping stock springs take a look at the Redwood FPX dampers. I rode in a Model 3 with the FPX GT full coilovers version and it was a really good ride quality, much better than stock. The coilovers can do stock height too, but you save some money with the damper-only version.

I didn't drive that car but I'm sure they can handle better than the stock dampers...that's a low bar of course.

I have the stiffer "Performance Sport" version of the Redwood FP-Spec Ohlins DFV coilovers setup a few mm over stock height on my 2021 M3P (between M3P and M3LR height). Handling is fantastic, everything I wanted, and they ride better than stock despite being firmer and much sportier. The ride difference is especially big driving quickly over really bad pavement. The Ohlins version is a lot more expensive than the FPX series though.

@BUCKM3P I'm with you on staying stock height.

For keeping stock springs take a look at the Redwood FPX dampers. I rode in a Model 3 with the FPX GT full coilovers version and it was a really good ride quality, much better than stock. The coilovers can do stock height too, but you save some money with the damper-only version.

I didn't drive that car but I'm sure they can handle better than the stock dampers...that's a low bar of course.

I have the stiffer "Performance Sport" version of the Redwood FP-Spec Ohlins DFV coilovers setup a few mm over stock height on my 2021 M3P (between M3P and M3LR height). Handling is fantastic, everything I wanted, and they ride better than stock despite being firmer and much sportier. The ride difference is especially big driving quickly over really bad pavement. The Ohlins version is a lot more expensive than the FPX series though.
I mean $2100 for this kit vs $500 for teins. Is there a $1600 difference in ride quality?

I mean $2100 for this kit vs $500 for teins. Is there a $1600 difference in ride quality?
@BUCKM3P I've no experience with Tiens. You're talking about the EnduroPro Plus?

From what I've read here they sound perfectly fine for $500, but...I don't think I would be happy with the handling.

I guess the question is, are you looking for a sizeable all-around upgrade, or just a better than stock ride at minimal cost? $500 Tiens are going to be the latter kind of product. Nothing wrong with that at all, if that's your goal. That's why I asked what you want from new dampers.

Last edited: