Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model 3P w/FSD for sale: $56k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivered in July. Selling to purchase a model SP. 3500 miles. Like new condition. Includes FSD option and came with AP3.0. Metallic blue. $64990 to buy new right now as configured. Windows tinted at 30% is the only change since delivery. Not sure how to price this so open to offers. Direct trade in offer from Tesla for $53k.

• Helpful
Reactions: RangerMac
Delivered in July. Selling to purchase a model SP. 3500 miles. Like new condition. Includes FSD option and came with AP3.0. Metallic blue. $64990 to buy new right now as configured. Windows tinted at 30% is the only change since delivery. Not sure how to price this so open to offers. Direct trade in offer from Tesla for $53k.

Hard to price indeed. Best option would be to find someone looking for this exact combo and willing to give up the tax credit (which they may or may not get in time if ordered new now). You shouldn't be expected to take the first full year of depreciation hit (15-20%) but something around the middle should be fair. $57-$58k

The $53k trade-in quote from Tesla came just yesterday so definitely recent. Brand new this car without FSD would cost 57990, so 53k represents ~9% depreciation in 4 months of ownership even without FSD considered. With FSD considered ($64990) it would be almost 19% loss. I don't think Tesla is giving much if any trade-in value for the FSD (and of course, they don't allow you to transfer FSD to another vehicle).

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
The $53k trade-in quote from Tesla came just yesterday so definitely recent. Brand new this car without FSD would cost 57990, so 53k represents ~9% depreciation in 4 months of ownership even without FSD considered. With FSD considered ($64990) it would be almost 19% loss. I don't think Tesla is giving much if any trade-in value for the FSD (and of course, they don't allow you to transfer FSD to another vehicle).

I didn't know they don't allow you to transfer the FSD. That totally sucks! what is the point of posting the vehicle has FSD if it doesn't transfer?

I didn't know they don't allow you to transfer the FSD. That totally sucks! what is the point of posting the vehicle has FSD if it doesn't transfer?

Don't confuse private sales vs trade-in to Tesla.

- in a private sale, you get the vehicle exactly as it is, with FSD included if it already has it.
- if he trades it in to Tesla, they can do whatever they want and most likely before relisting the car as used, they will strip FSD from it.

Don't confuse private sales vs trade-in to Tesla.

- in a private sale, you get the vehicle exactly as it is, with FSD included if it already has it.
- if he trades it in to Tesla, they can do whatever they want and most likely before relisting the car as used, they will strip FSD from it.

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

What I was referring to with my comment is that if you buy FSD for your car and then want to upgrade to a new Tesla, you can't bring FSD with you. You have to buy it for the new car all over again. Really a strange disincentive for upgrading. So when I sell this car, the buyer gets FSD included and I have to buy FSD again on the new car.

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44