Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 M3P Centre console 2.0 retrofit, USB-C data not working, what are the requirements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

imtootall

Jun 23, 2023
UK
I’ve just upgraded me centre console to the 2.0 version on my 2020 M3P. Complete with the USB C connectors.

Everything was pretty much plug and play (after swapping the security key module).

I’m aware there are pigtails available to convert some cars connection which were missing a data module but as my car is a 2020 it had data (USB-A).

Can anyone who’s done the conversion and got USB-C data let me know what I’m missing to get it working? Loom adapter? New Data module?

I already have the data module below which I believe is the correct type, which leads me to believe it’s a loom/wiring issue?
IMG_6225.jpeg

Did you re-connect the black USB connector on the passengers side of the console? (Thats in lhd cars btw, not sure if it is in the driver side for rhd)

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes it’s connected.

Oddly I’ve just tried a USB 3 memory stick and that works, however it won’t run my usb ssd which is what I was using to test. It used to work on the USB-A ports.

I’ve just upgraded me centre console to the 2.0 version on my 2020 M3P. Complete with the USB C connectors.

Everything was pretty much plug and play (after swapping the security key module).

I’m aware there are pigtails available to convert some cars connection which were missing a data module but as my car is a 2020 it had data (USB-A).

Can anyone who’s done the conversion and got USB-C data let me know what I’m missing to get it working? Loom adapter? New Data module?
Hey, which number is your new Center Console 2.0 ?

I just bought the part 1755503-00-A to retrofit it in my early 2020 Model 3.

From what I have seen, the Data Modules that are in the new center consoles do not support data. The piece is the same but there is no Data support.

Since you already have both wire plugged in, you should be fine if you buy the Data Module on Amazon to swap it !

But yeah, since your USB 3 memory stick works, I don’t know if it will change much.

That is interesting, I will let you know if it works in mine but I believe not unfortunately. I will swap the center console after Christmas.