Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 - door seal noise reduction.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to try the

BASENOR Door Seal Kit​

Does anyone have any experience with these?
I notice on my doors there appear to be drain holes. These seals dont cover those do they?
Also they appear to use 3m double sided tape. My question is does the tape last? I have used such tape before on other cars but then a year later the adhesive fails and the strip dangles. We hit in excess of 115° F here so that may cause the breakdown of the adhesive.

Hmm, reading reviews and looks like the adhesive sucks.
Nevermind.
I had it on for about 1.5 months now. I mostly wanted it to prevent the door sills from getting road grime. It still happens as it doesn’t complete cover everything.

Noise wise you really need to do a dB test before and after. I didn’t really notice any significant improvement.

I wouldn’t do it again.

I installed this one a couple years ago:

I think it did help with wind noise (I do not have objective measurements...) and it did reduce - but far from eliminate - how much stuff gets into the door sills. I've never had a problem with it getting loose / coming off.

If I had it to do over, I'm not sure I'd bother - but I wouldn't say absolutely not.

Reactions: ss71