Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model 3 Performance Lease Takeover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for someone to take over lease payments on my Tesla Model 3 Performance Model.

I received delivery of this vehicle on March 2020. I gave $10,000 down payment. I’m looking to purchase a Model Y Performance Model since it's a bit larger for my current needs.

This vehicle is adult owned and garage kept. It's never been driven in the rain. The full front is wrapped in XPEL (Front Bumper, Full Hood, Fenders, Headlights, Fog lights and Mirrors).

Color: Red Multi-Coat ($2,000 Upgrade)

Performance Model Includes:

• 20’’ Gray Performance Wheels
  • Performance Brakes
  • Carbon fiber spoiler
  • Lowered suspension
  • Aluminum alloy pedals
  • Increased top speed from 145mph to 162mph
  • Track Mode
  • 0-60 MPH 3.2 Seconds

Interior: (Black)

• 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
  • Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
  • Premium Connectivity (1 year included)
  • Music and media over Bluetooth®
  • LED fog lamps
  • Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Power folding, heated side mirrors
  • Custom driver profiles
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
  • Interior floor mats

*Auto pilot comes standard. It does not have FSD but can be purchased via Tesla if interested. Although, being that it's a lease I didn't opt for it.

Lease payments are $600 w/ taxes included.

• Lease Term: 36 Months
  • Time remaining: 33 Months
  • Allowed Mileage: 12k Miles / Year
  • Current Mileage: 1050 Miles

Tesla allows the lease to be transferred to a credit-approved assignee. Therefore, the final transaction would have to be processed through Tesla Finance.

IMG_0125.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg
IMG_0282.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0125.jpg
IMG_0280.jpg
IMG_0282.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0033.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Is there a buyout price at the end of the lease? I vaguely remember Tesla not allowing buyouts, at least initially, when they first started Model 3 leases bc of the Tesla Network.

In short, no there is not. You are correct regarding the buyout.

This is the fine print on lease agreement. This is standard on all new Tesla leases.

Tesla Leasing
The leasing calculator provides information about the price of the car if you participate in Tesla leasing. The calculator does not include taxes or fees. Please note you are subject to lease approval. You forgo the option to buy your car at the end of the lease and must return it to Tesla after 36 months. Tesla leasing is available in AL, AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, ME, MN, MO, MT, NC, ND, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, WY.

Are you looking for someone to take over the lease payments or to take over the lease payments with a down payment also?

Take over payment. Of course, this would require the person to be a qualified applicant and the paperwork be done through Tesla Finance. The benefit for the new owner is that they would be getting a vehicle with only 1k miles, 3 months old, full front wrapped in XPEL and a $10,000 down payment which has already been made. This is why the payment is only $600.

Reactions: ra88it
Ok guys, so I just got off the phone with Tesla Finance and found out how the lease transfer process works. Unfortunately, due to the current Pandemic, Tesla is ONLY doing lease transfers / assumptions in the State of Florida and California. This has to do something with the DMV's themselves and other states not supporting lease assumptions right now due to staffing. If you're in Florida, you're in luck because so am I. You would need to complete a credit application via Tesla @ $150 and then the buyer would have to pay a $500 transfer fee which covers then expense for a Tesla Finance employee to handle all the paperwork of the transfer from start to finish including registration etc. Both these sums $150+$500 will be due by the buyer within the first / second invoice of your lease payment. As for buyouts, Tesla is only allowing lease buyouts from "Third Party" dealerships and not to individuals. I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx
Ok guys, so I just got off the phone with Tesla Finance and found out how the lease transfer process works. Unfortunately, due to the current Pandemic, Tesla is ONLY doing lease transfers / assumptions in the State of Florida and California. This has to do something with the DMV's themselves and other states not supporting lease assumptions right now due to staffing. If you're in Florida, you're in luck because so am I. You would need to complete a credit application via Tesla @ $150 and then the buyer would have to pay a $500 transfer fee which covers then expense for a Tesla Finance employee to handle all the paperwork of the transfer from start to finish including registration etc. Both these sums $150+$500 will be due by the buyer within the first / second invoice of your lease payment. As for buyouts, Tesla is only allowing lease buyouts from "Third Party" dealerships and not to individuals. I hope this helps answer some of your questions.
Too bad you aren't in California. It would go right away.

• Love
Reactions: ra88it
Too bad you aren't in California. It would go right away.

So I hear, I'm sure someone will come though.
I'm in GA. Would be interested if something could be done.

I would like to, unfortunately Tesla is the one setting the rules from it appears. According to Tesla, they are blaming it on the local DMV's in several states in their current inability to process lease transfers due to staffing and other factors as a result of the pandemic.

Nice car, not interested myself but was curious about your thought process of doing a wrap on a lease that you knew you wouldn't be able to purchase after the term. You're going to have to have that taken off when you turn it in too, right?

Good question. Some may argue that paint protection film on a lease is a waste of money. However, most standard leases are a 36 month term. As such, I myself like to keep the car looking as clean and new as possible during my ownership and PPF does just that. In terms of taken it off, it’s not required. Tesla will happily take the car with it as it protects the vehicle. However, they won’t give me any money for it and I’m aware of that going into it. Don’t confuse this for a colored vinyl wrap, This isn’t that. If it were, then yes would have to remove it prior to returning it. Hope this answers your question.