Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did have a vibration problem with my 2020 MSLR/Raven. Under heavy acceleration, at all ride heights, I'd get a rattling/clicking sound from the drive unit. It was pretty annoying, though it didn't actually impact the way the car drove. It just didn't sound good when I'd punch it to show off my Tesla's speed to people riding with me. Tesla replaced my Half Shafts, which did quiet it down a bit, but didn't completely eliminate it.

So far, I have not experienced this problem with my 2022 MSLR (pre-refresh-refresh). From what I've read from those who are experiencing it on their newer cars, it seems like a very different problem than the one I had on my old MS. It didn't keep me from ordering a new MSLR, and I'm happy it hasn't been a problem at all for me so far.
Thanks for the input, T-7 Days for me...I think

Originally had March 11 - March 31 EDD, similar to others, it just changed this morning to March 19 - March 31. Nice to see they are still trying to deliver by EOQ, but not sure how confident I should be it will happen.
Mine did kinda the same thing. From Mar 17 - 31 to Mar 22 - 31. I think this is the EOQ compress then it'll push out to some time next quarter.

Reactions: tkorn
Wonder what these random EDD changes mean. Its changed a decent amount the last few days. When I went and talked to a few people at an SC, they said "March 18th is when the system shows." Obviously we all know known of that is true. It is comical at this point how many of us have gotten just wrong answers and guarantees from Tesla.
Untitled.jpg

I also woke up to a slight EDD adjustment on my RN1153 - Mar 15-31 now down to Mar 17-31 - but also expecting this is going to be ultimately meaningless and pushed back again just like it was for last quarter’s EOQ push. I also tried emailing my SA just for the hell of it and got an OOO email saying he was going to be out for all of March helping with Sunnyvale deliveries (up until 4/1), so EOQ push is still very much alive and well lol.

Reactions: TheMacc
It should come with the trunk floor board, privacy cover for the trunk, carpet floor mats, and license plate frames. Also 2 key fobs and 2 cards. Sounds like your SA isn't worth dealing with. Submitting a ticket is the best route.
I am attaching a picture to show what my trunk looked like upon delivery. I have a privacy cover on top but I guess what I am missing if the trunk floor board. What do you mean by filing a ticket? I requested a service appointment via the app and explain the issue there (with photo attachment). Is that what you meant or was I supposed to do something else?
IMG_1421.jpeg

I am attaching a picture to show what my trunk looked like upon delivery. I have a privacy cover on top but I guess what I am missing if the trunk floor board. What do you mean by filing a ticket? I requested a service appointment via the app and explain the issue there (with photo attachment). Is that what you meant or was I supposed to do something else?
View attachment 779515
What you did was correct. Tesla expects everything to be done through the app. Your SA should’ve done you the favor of putting in the order for your missing floor board and privacy cover.

Reactions: aerodyne
I also woke up to a slight EDD adjustment on my RN1153 - Mar 15-31 now down to Mar 17-31 - but also expecting this is going to be ultimately meaningless and pushed back again just like it was for last quarter’s EOQ push. I also tried emailing my SA just for the hell of it and got an OOO email saying he was going to be out for all of March helping with Sunnyvale deliveries (up until 4/1), so EOQ push is still very much alive and well lol.
I never get a response from my SA, I just wait for the text that says delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. I hope us Bay Area folks get the newer NF472+ builds and not whatever is available on the lot. I specifically had a hold until 4/1 to avoid the EOQ push for this reason but then that email of them canceling orders was sent out.

Beautiful car! Looks like you got all seasons right? Picking mine up from there too soon and just want to make sure...
Just a follow-up to you and other Michigan buyers - check the registration fee on your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement to make sure that it accounts correctly for the state practice of scheduling registration renewal on the owner's birthday and not date of sale. In my case, they charged $621 for registration on the MVPA, but the registration card I received at delivery shows a fee of $387 and expires August 2022. My uninformed guess: Tesla's backend staff didn't account for the Birthday registration schedule - oops.

I've talked to the Grand Rapids delivery folks and they've "opened a case" within Tesla about the error. But it may be easier to get the MVPA corrected before payment than clawing back $234 afterward.

Reactions: mikemi
Just a follow-up to you and other Michigan buyers - check the registration fee on your Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement to make sure that it accounts correctly for the state practice of scheduling registration renewal on the owner's birthday and not date of sale. In my case, they charged $621 for registration on the MVPA, but the registration card I received at delivery shows a fee of $387 and expires August 2022. My uninformed guess: Tesla's backend staff didn't account for the Birthday registration schedule - oops.

I've talked to the Grand Rapids delivery folks and they've "opened a case" within Tesla about the error. But it may be easier to get the MVPA corrected before payment than clawing back $234 afterward.
I tried for a week to get the MVPA corrected to no avail. Was told at delivery I should get a refund in the mail at some point, since it was documented.

• Helpful
Reactions: snellenr

Wait, the state of Michigan celebrates your birthday by making you pay your registration on your birthday!?! That is just effed up.

Reactions: Mwolfe