Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
October 2021. Original EDD was Jan-Feb then moved to Mar-April, then May - June, and now July - Sept.
I’m in the Boston area and ordered my car last June with EDD in October 2021 and RN 1151xxx. It bounced around a lot, back and forth. Now the EDD is in the May-June timeframe.

Sidenote- Ordering the same vehicle today would cost 20k more. I ordered with FSD when it is at 10k so really there could be a full 30k difference in price as delivered by Tesla if I remove that option. I’ve been curious (but not so curious as to actually find out) what the resell value of a new Model S LR is in my configuration.

Didn't take lots of picture at delivery, the car is beautiful and the pick up process was smooth, there was a pink mark on the bottom of the yoke and it was removed in the service center right after I accept the deliver.
View attachment 783839
View attachment 783840

So in summary the car was in excellent shape (except I requested not to prep the exterior since I am taking my car to the detailer, so it is a little bit dirty),
  1. no panel gap/ paint issues
  2. the truck cover is missing, the associate said they will reach out once it is available
  3. yoke is much wider in person, took me 10 mins to acclimate to it but I love it so far, it feels like I am holding my PS5 controller so it is kind of familiar to me in a way (have been playing GT7 too much lately haha😅)
  4. the drive is so smooth and the acceleration is impressive even in comfort mode, from 60 - 80 mph

I can't wait to get PFF installed and go on a road trip!
Congrats ! Beautiful. I picked up mine this Saturday 3/19.. Drove for a day and started to hear a clicking noise on turns.. Went back to the service center, they wont do anything until i have a service appointment .... Other than that,, LOVE it. Amazing car ... Enjoy your new car !

• Love
Reactions: optimus_prime
East Coast here we go. Latest EDD change has me squarely within the end of the next quarter. Translation: Likely not happening before July if EDD holds but I'll take my own advice and ignore this for the most part.
Insane- glad I took mine when I did- the pre-refresh lights seem fine to me and I like the embossed TESLA on the older black bar.
Hope you get yours long before July.

Reactions: DermMD
For those who have taken delivery, how long after delivery before the software updates? I’m on 2021.43.202 and the car is connected to Wi-Fi with advanced updates set as a preference. The app under service shows connect to Wi-Fi and the car shows that software is up to date. Also, what is the most current software version. Tried a search… but results weren’t relevant.
Still on software version 2021.43.201, the one I got when I took delivery on 2/20/2022.. Set to 'Advance" for software updates and have very good wifi coverage. Of course, no idea why no updates yet and do have FSD on this car In my prev Teslas I used to get updates within a day it is released.

Still on software version 2021.43.201, the one I got when I took delivery on 2/20/2022.. Set to 'Advance" for software updates and have very good wifi coverage. Of course, no idea why no updates yet and do have FSD on this car In my prev Teslas I used to get updates within a day it is released.
I had my car in for service today to swap the summer tires for all season tires. I asked if they could update to the latest software. I was informed it had “factory” software and will update once a new software update is released.

Take it with a grain of salt, but I took delivery on 12 Feb and was getting very frustrated with the lack of updates. Last night I switched over to standard software updates, left it overnight, then changed back to advanced this morning - by the time I got home from work and connected to wifi, an update was waiting.

I have no idea if it was just a coincidence, but worth a try?

Reactions: bhakan
Take it with a grain of salt, but I took delivery on 12 Feb and was getting very frustrated with the lack of updates. Last night I switched over to standard software updates, left it overnight, then changed back to advanced this morning - by the time I got home from work and connected to wifi, an update was waiting.

I have no idea if it was just a coincidence, but worth a try?
All new builds take a month or two to get updates. No known reason why but they usually don’t ship with the latest FW either.

So I’m a January 28th 2021 reservation.
RN11442
I finally got a Vin NF4754 after 14 months.
I ordered my custom license plate. Any feedback.

Attachments

• 07F71971-12DF-4536-8081-C0061973B7C3.jpeg
    07F71971-12DF-4536-8081-C0061973B7C3.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 80