Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@RxVanco and @Valis are my baseline at this point since we look to have similar configs and ordered around the same time.

@Valis Any updates to your order? I think you're within the EDD range, correct?
I'm still at 1/1 - 1/15, no VIN. My guess is the line is closed this week and I'll either get bumped out at the end of the week or pushed out another month. This car is a freakin phantom.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm still at 1/1 - 1/15, no VIN. My guess is the line is closed this week and I'll either get bumped out at the end of the week or pushed out another month. This car is a freakin phantom.
Your lips to God's ears! If they're closing the line it would have to be for some of the refreshes we've been hearing about. No way they just take a week off given how capacity constrained they are.

Just to close out my story - I had ordered on battery day, so was converted automatically to a Plaid Plus then Plaid in June-ish. I was offered an MF VIN in November, but wasn’t able to accept (and wanted to wait for an NF anyway). In mid December I was offered a white with black interior that was available at Tysons, which I declined. On December 30th I was offered an NF Red with white interior also in Tyson’s, which I decided to accept. They were eager to get a 2021 delivery on the books, and honored my pricing including $8k for FSD and $10k off for ordering pre-price increase, so $12k below sticker (but $2500 more than my White order because of the red paint). I really like the red so being able to change without resetting my price was worth it to get the deal over with. At the time, my 1139 reservation for White/White/CF/19/FSD had an EDD of January 1-January 29.

Their trade offer for my 2019 MS Performance was low so despite the sales tax advantage from trading I kept my car and picked up the Plaid. Their financing was not unreasonable at 2.49% via US Bank and because they wanted to get the deal done I signed with them and I’m in the process of refinancing via DCU at 1.49% (1.24% since I do direct deposit there).

Overall, I still feel like they’re likely screwing us early Plaid (Plus) orders and will release the car we actually wanted but claimed was canceled. Or at least some refreshed tail lights or other things that didn’t quite make it. But I’m loving the car - I was really, really happy with my MSPerf and its free supercharging, but the new car is a nice step up in interior quality and performance. I got used to the yoke in a few minutes and actually prefer it over the wheel, but although the buttons are fine and I’ve got them down, they feel more like a gimmick. It’s too much of a reach to get to the scroll wheels and I think stalks were just fine for at least autopilot and gears. Maybe if they used the space on the back of the yoke for some functions (where your fingers rest) I’d be happier. Also hoping they bring back some now missing functionality like the energy graph, ability to customize what’s on the sides of the IC etc. But otherwise, she’s a beauty. Now if only I could get some usable tires and actually drive the damn thing (it’s really cruddy that they deliver cars with tires that are literally unusable and likely to be damaged per the manufacturer’s specs in cold climates).
@serendipitous - Seems like you live in the same area as me as I will be getting my car in Tyson's and work in GB, MD.

What's wrong with the tires? You can have them switch the summer tires to all-season for no cost I believe. Did you ask for this?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@serendipitous - Seems like you live in the same area as me as I will be getting my car in Tyson's and work in GB, MD.

What's wrong with the tires? You can have them switch the summer tires to all-season for no cost I believe. Did you ask for this?
I don't believe you can ask for all-season tires if you order a plaid. I had a winter set waiting for me at home from my old P85D that worked well.

2 SAs told me yesterday my vin should drop imminently as the car is built or finished, so if the line is shut, it made it through that part. Or the line isn’t shut.

Reactions: RxVanco
And why is it that you trust this information this time? When you have a delivery appointment I will be less skeptical. Sorry to rain on your excitement.
no worries. i'm torn - first i wanted a delay for an NF, now i'd like new taillights and more importantly, new headlights, which rumor says will surface in march - which could mean april deliveries - and not worth pushing that far back to me (but i'd like)
i really do trust i'll have a vin in a couple of days based on what happened last time, the SA back in december, and the 2 from yesterday. i think if they weren't fairly sure, they'd simply say, "we don't have more information than you"
i dropped to 2 weeks.
i'm about to enter my EDD
i'm supposedly on a "priority" list, and yesterday one of the SA's said they'd make an additional notation.
if the vin doesn't drop or i get pushed back (again) so be it, but i would bet money i have a VIN within 3 days. not my money, mind you, but someone's money :)

• Funny
Reactions: RxVanco