Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2021 Model S LR refresh, Is this a good deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new from inventory is $81,630 after the $1k referral right now with 3 years free supercharging. So I wouldn't pay $65 today for a 21, not enough discount

If I was looking for a MS LR Refresh I personally would go with a used 21 for $65k over $80 + 3yrs free SC. If one were to charge mostly at home, the SC value is minimal. And I don't think the minor additions and 2yr newer car are worth a $15k premium. With that being said, I haven't seen a single refresh MS LR for $65 in my area or online. There are guys asking mid-high 70's who are unwilling to budge. At that point, it doesn't make sense to go used over a new inventory car.

For me I value FSD at $0 to a max of $2k. What you value it at would determine if it is a good deal or not. So for me, I'd take a refreshed 2021+ LR for the same price and without FSD and consider it a good deal.

Maybe if you assign some value around $5k for FSD, then it might be an ok to to semi-good deal, and only if you really wanted FSD. From what I've seen, FSD seems to add very little to the used value of a Tesla despite its crazy up front price. For some people they think it is worth it.

I'd use Autotempest and see if you can find a better deal.

For me I value FSD at $0 to a max of $2k. What you value it at would determine if it is a good deal or not. So for me, I'd take a refreshed 2021+ LR for the same price and without FSD and consider it a good deal.

Maybe if you assign some value around $5k for FSD, then it might be an ok to to semi-good deal, and only if you really wanted FSD. From what I've seen, FSD seems to add very little to the used value of a Tesla despite its crazy up front price. For some people they think it is worth it.

I'd use Autotempest and see if you can find a better deal.
Thanks, good feedback. I’m not personally interested in the car - just curious.