Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2021 Model S LR refresh, Is this a good deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at a Model S Long Range 2021 refresh, $65,000. You guys think that is a solid deal? I know there are a couple upgrades in a 2022 vs 2021 refresh

Long Range
White w/ Black interior
23,000 miles
Autopilot
no FSD

Thanks for the input!

Looking at a Model S Long Range 2021 refresh, $65,000. You guys think that is a solid deal? I know there are a couple upgrades in a 2022 vs 2021 refresh

Long Range
White w/ Black interior
23,000 miles
Autopilot
no FSD

Thanks for the input!

It depends. If it was built early in 21 and has functional USS and uncapped radar, it would be worth exploring.

I have severe doubts about the new HW4 and radar on the current builds.

Note that the asking price probably does not take into the 5k price cut of the new cars yesterday.

You can purchase a larger rear screen, and make the center screen tilt manually, if those are important for you.

You will have to live with the old style lights and rear trim bar.

The radar is disabled, if it has one.

"The latest OTA software update for Tesla cars is numbered 2022.20.9 and it affects Model X, Model S and Model Y. It adds Tesla Vision to older cars, even the ones equipped with radar but it obviously won’t be using it. For a while Tesla was updating the software that was using still radars but this is no longer the case - sensors will stay dormant."

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
It depends. If it was built early in 21 and has functional USS and uncapped radar, it would be worth exploring.

I have severe doubts about the new HW4 and radar on the current builds.

Note that the asking price probably does not take into the 5k price cut of the new cars yesterday.

You can purchase a larger rear screen, and make the center screen tilt manually, if those are important for you.

You will have to live with the old style lights and rear trim bar.

What Price cut are you talking about?? The Telsa S prices have remained the same on the Tesla website.

Is it possible to retrofit tails??
I was tracking this for a while when I had a 2022 MS LR with the old lights and it looked like the taillights were doable.
What Price cut are you talking about?? The Telsa S prices have remained the same on the Tesla website.
All the new S's seem to have 5k knocked off the price at least for the ones in my area.

You could try getting PP value from Carfax. They seem to be the most accurate. Edmunds and Kelly blue book may not give a value for Refresh.

thank you it's been hard no places give prices on teslas!

KBB appears to only provide dealer "Typical Listing Price" figures for 2021 MS right now., Keep in mind that the "Long Range Plus" was the old 2021 while the "Long Range" is the new/refresh 2021. Based on the car described in the first post, the KBB dealer "Typical Listing Price" figure comes in at around $69k to $70k (can vary by zip code). How accurate KBB (or other price guide) values are to the actual market is debatable anyway. JDP/NADA, for example, puts an "average price paid" from dealer figure at around $74k to $75k which is too high IMO.

Long Range
White w/ Black interior
23,000 miles
Autopilot
no FSD

Thanks for the input!
I would definitely go for it, if it’s been properly cared for. The tail lights, rear screen, etc are not an issue. White on black is always a winner. You might ask the owner if there’s been any issues with vibration however.

Long Range
White w/ Black interior
23,000 miles
Autopilot
no FSD

Thanks for the input!

I just bought a very similar car yesterday (first tesla, joining my Ioniq 5) for my wife for 70k from carmax (which seems like they get 5-10 lrs per week around 70k but are snapped up like ps5s at launch).

Late 21 Long range
White w/black
9k miles
FSD beta
21" wheels.
2 cards, no fob, mobile charger

For the 22s (in my weeks of searching), better lights on front only if the rear is updated with the shorter bar that doesn't cover the rear lights. I think it's a may switchover

Long Range
White w/ Black interior
23,000 miles
Autopilot
no FSD

Thanks for the input!
I’m not sure of your market/region but $65k sounds like a great deal if you want the refresh. I’ve been scouring market past month because my 2021 MSLR was totaled ((2020 build date so before refresh).

I don’t like the deletions on refresh so I bought a pre-owned from Tesla: 2020 MSLR with 18k miles for $64,800.

My insurer paid be $69,200 for my 2021 MSLR, which had 24,244 mikes. I had to negotiate price up from $67,000.

But if you want refresh model, that sounds like a solid deal. In fact, the deal sounds good enough that I would look for an extended warranty just in case there’s something the seller is not disclosing.

Brand new from inventory is $81,630 after the $1k referral right now with 3 years free supercharging. So I wouldn't pay $65 today for a 21, not enough discount
$81,630?
Not in US market.
Here is screenshot from Tesla.com listing 2023 MSLR (in white; so no upgrades/options) for $88,490 after $1,000 referral credit applied:

1687006862240.png