Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got edd pushed back to april 18 - may 16
The monkey is hard at work!

I am a 1151 order Midwest and am sitting at March 2 to March 30. I hope you get your car soon but honestly I would plan at least June to be realistic. When I originally ordered it was Sept/oct. Has subsequently been pushed back since. All along the way I have been told by multiple SAs that I would be getting my car soon which was all hogwash to get me off the phone. They have no clue more than what your app says. And I am not really appreciating the production ramp up especially now the the model X's are competing at Fremont.

As you can tell I have very little positive to say because it has all been one big let down after another.

If I were not locked in the the 15k discount price I would just cancel my order, watch the inventory list and by one from there and pay the transport fee. But I am not going to let Tesla take the last positive thing about the experience from me, the pre-price hike rate that I am holding!

The monkey is hard at work!

I am a 1151 order Midwest and am sitting at March 2 to March 30. I hope you get your car soon but honestly I would plan at least June to be realistic. When I originally ordered it was Sept/oct. Has subsequently been pushed back since. All along the way I have been told by multiple SAs that I would be getting my car soon which was all hogwash to get me off the phone. They have no clue more than what your app says. And I am not really appreciating the production ramp up especially now the the model X's are competing at Fremont.

As you can tell I have very little positive to say because it has all been one big let down after another.

If I were not locked in the the 15k discount price I would just cancel my order, watch the inventory list and by one from there and pay the transport fee. But I am not going to let Tesla take the last positive thing about the experience from me, the pre-price hike rate that I am holding!
agreed, this whole process is absolutely insane. I should have not sold my Model 3 in October.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got my car back today. Full PPF Llumar Platinum matte, and Llunar CTX Ceramic tint. Love how it looks. Pictures do not do it justice. Shout out to my friends at S4LWraps.com for the great job!!

Attachments

• 97C57135-DDFB-4100-B9A8-2728841AA5FB.jpeg
    97C57135-DDFB-4100-B9A8-2728841AA5FB.jpeg
    661.4 KB · Views: 76
VIN DAY!!! Just checked the mobile ap for the millionth time and immediately noticed it looked different. My EDD had changed from 3/20--3/31 to 2/21 - 2/27, and I had a VIN assigned! My VIN is 471, which seems fairly recent (though I'm sure isn't new enough to have new lights, which is fine). No email or text from Tesla yet, but I would think that would be coming soon as the car must already have arrived in KC with such a short EDD.

So if this holds, my total time from order to delivery will be right at 8 months. Painful enough for sure, but I know there are many on this forum who ordered earlier than I did (I'm RN1151 from 6/28), and I have no idea why the Tesla Monkey chose me at this point.

Now I have to decide whether to keep the FSD I had ordered (for $10k). I know it's mostly worthless, but I did really like the auto lane-change feature in my last Model S w/FSD, and I liked that it stopped at stop signs and lights automatically.

I also need to lock down financing quickly. I had selected the Cash option when I ordered, as I wasn't sure what I'd want to do, but now I do think I'd like to take advantage of the low-rate financing from DCU or my credit union. I know this forum doesn't allow anyone to provide me with a direct referral to DCU, but if anyone would like to share their "DCU experience" with me via PM, I'd like that.

Time to download the delivery checklist and prepare for a road trip to KC next week!