Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model Y SR. 7 seater, FSD, red, 20" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odometer is 20700. Located in Greenville/Spartanburg area SC. Comes with mobile connector. Can send pictures of course, or come see it. This configuration is somewhat of a unicorn, given SR. Configured as close as possible new, the price is currently 85k, but that's LR. It's difficult to get comparables online, as almost no listings state FSD. I'm thinking the value is around 67k. Entertaining offers.

FSD doesn’t add value when reselling. You can buy a brand new LR cheaper with more options, range and 20,800 less miles if you’re willing to wait.
People are selling used MYLR for around $67K.

Interesting - I would have paid more for FSD if it transferred with the car, as I wanted it (obviously, since I added it). Why don't you think it adds value? Is it confusion on the part of buyers, or can it be gotten for free somehow? This article led me to believe it has value for a private sale.. well, I can't post links I'm sure, but it was a googleable article about whether FSD has value in a private resale.

Interesting - I would have paid more for FSD if it transferred with the car, as I wanted it (obviously, since I added it). Why don't you think it adds value? Is it confusion on the part of buyers, or can it be gotten for free somehow? This article led me to believe it has value for a private sale.. well, I can't post links I'm sure, but it was a googleable article about whether FSD has value in a private resale.

Go look at resell values on cars with FSD that are used listed on various sites.

AT MOST FSD is an option worth 50% of the list price (i.e. perhaps worth $6k on a used car).

It's just how the market is.

If the used Tesla does not pass through Tesla at any point, FSD would stay with the car. When I say it doesn’t add value, that’s based on what buyers are willing to pay.
I don’t know of anyone who would pay a $12k premium, or even a $6k premium for a used Tesla with FSD. If you could buy a used MYSR without FSD for $55k or one with FSD for $67k, which one would sell?
It’s just like any other mod, it’s had value for the original owner, but finding someone else to value it the same is rare.

Reactions: bkp_duke
Gotcha. Well, Carvana will give me 58k - I figured they might not value the FSD, and then of course they need to make their cut, so @ 67k I wasn't thinking 12k more than what I could sell it private party - more like 6k over 5% over Carvana. Anyway, if someone is looking, I'm interested in offers. I saw a MYLR about to finish on cars and bids, I'm trying to figure if going that route would be better or worse than Carvana. Or the pit that is Facebook.

Gotcha. Well, Carvana will give me 58k - I figured they might not value the FSD, and then of course they need to make their cut, so @ 67k I wasn't thinking 12k more than what I could sell it private party - more like 6k over 5% over Carvana. Anyway, if someone is looking, I'm interested in offers. I saw a MYLR about to finish on cars and bids, I'm trying to figure if going that route would be better or worse than Carvana. Or the pit that is Facebook.
Good afternoon. my wife and I are interested. Can I PM you?

20220808_194636.jpg
20220808_194636.jpg20220808_194516.jpg20220808_192836.jpg20220808_193424.jpg20220808_193503.jpg20220808_193042.jpg20220808_194712.jpg20220808_192740.jpg

Reactions: Daekwan
Via several selling sites and interactions with buyers (all of whom have backed out for one reason or another - financing or trepidation over long-distance purchase or deciding not to buy a car now), I am understanding better what a good market price is. Now asking 63k.