Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Tesla Model Y Performance Red White Interior FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I actually posted this car before but was not completely sure if I wanted to sell the car at that time. However I am posting again and would like to sell my car.

General Information: 2021 Model Y performance red multicoat exterior and white interior 5 seat configuration. The car has approximately 32500 miles, which is an overestimate as this is currently my daily driving vehicle and miles will go up. The car was purchased directly from Tesla. The car is perfect without any mechanical issues and still under the factory warranty. It will also comes with the extended 1year/10,000 mile warranty from tesla, but not sure if that transfers over to the new buyer. It has FSD and the tow hitch package. As of today priced in the same configuration it costs 75,130 with the destination fee included. The interior is in excellent condition. During my ownership the other seats excluding the drivers have been used 2-3 times. Clean carfax. No accidents. Clean title.

Modifications. The exterior does come with partial frontal ppf including front bumper, hood, fenders, and mirror. The front windows were tinted by me to match the rear windows. All weather interior mats. Screen protector on the interior screen. Cup holder liner.

Warranty Issues: Since my ownership the windshield was replaced by Tesla under warranty for what they diagnosed to be a stress crack. Passenger side front fender was replaced for loose clips.

Flaws: Curb rash involving the wheels. There is some scratching on the front driver side bumper while backing into my garage. I will include it in the pictures.

Maintenance: All four tires were replaced with all season Michelin tires with the foam approximately 2-3k miles ago. Receipts are available for that.

Included Items: The car will come with 2 key cards, mobile connector with adapters, and interior all weather mats.

I will post pictures of the vehicle this week along with specifications on the information screen. The car does have a lien on it currently, but we can figure out how to handle. I am located in the Chicagoland suburbs.

I will be happy to answer any questions! My asking price 59,000.

• Funny
Reactions: morbidz
I think honesty if you could get $49k you are doing really good. Unfortunately Tax credits on the new lower prices and this week’s introduction of HW4 on the 3’s and Y’s makes the real value of used 2 to 3 year old cars substantially less than new cars. I have tried in the past to sell my pristine 2-3 year old Teslas on this forum but with the few number of actual buyers here and those few people looking for steals it makes trading in a much better option. The huge expense of adding FSD really doesn’t add much value, that is backed up by documented resale prices with and without FSD. Many people subscribe to FSD for a month or two and agree after subscribed it isn’t worth continuing compared to just using free regular AP.

I think honesty if you could get $49k you are doing really good. Unfortunately Tax credits on the new lower prices and this week’s introduction of HW4 on the 3’s and Y’s makes the real value of used 2 to 3 year old cars substantially less than new cars. I have tried in the past to sell my pristine 2-3 year old Teslas on this forum but with the few number of actual buyers here and those few people looking for steals it makes trading in a much better option. The huge expense of adding FSD really doesn’t add much value, that is backed up by documented resale prices with and without FSD. Many people subscribe to FSD for a month or two and agree after subscribed it isn’t worth continuing compared to just using free regular AP.

I joined this forum because I am looking to buy a gently used Y (or possibly 3). I wouldn't say I am looking for a "steal" moreso than just a fair deal, but the prices people are asking for used Teslas do not align with reality. People are asking for basically the cost of a new Tesla despite having 30-40k miles on their car. With those miles and the recent hardware upgrades that you mentioned, it doesn't make any sense to go used without a concession on price. I expected people to adjust their prices to be a few thousand below new, but everyone seems to be sticking to roughly what I could buy a brand new Tesla for. Just my observation.

I joined this forum because I am looking to buy a gently used Y (or possibly 3). I wouldn't say I am looking for a "steal" moreso than just a fair deal, but the prices people are asking for used Teslas do not align with reality. People are asking for basically the cost of a new Tesla despite having 30-40k miles on their car. With those miles and the recent hardware upgrades that you mentioned, it doesn't make any sense to go used without a concession on price. I expected people to adjust their prices to be a few thousand below new, but everyone seems to be sticking to roughly what I could buy a brand new Tesla for. Just my observation.

I notice that this is more of an issue with the Model Y. Makes way more sense to just buy a new one most of the time. The only reason I’ve been looking at the used market is to find one with FSD so I don’t need to pay the crazy high price that FSD now sells for. Although I am debating on giving up on FSD and just buying new once I find out what Highland and HW4 is all about - Whether I want to get that, or go used with the next price drops across the used market.

-Paul

Same. We don’t qualify for the tax credit so I’m trying to find someone reasonable that is selling a gently used Y or 3. That guy that sold his Y with 400 miles is an example of what I’m hoping for. Few K off msrp if lightly used.

I mean if you were to buy the same exact configuration today it is going to cost you 75k not including tax which is probably going to be close to another 10k. Even without 75k-7500 it is still 67500 with FSD brand new. I can do approximately 55k. I will post some pictures soon hopefully. I can do 55k.

I do qualify for the tax credit, but don’t want to fork over 15k for FSD which is why I’m looking for a deal on a used car. However with that said, I am considering just settling for basic AP going brand new to get a flawless vehicle with no damage to the bumper, wheels, wear and tear, and a 100 percent warranty car that I can pick up easily and effortlessly at the nearby Tesla store.

OP, I’d be shocked if you got anywhere near your asking price for it. Just reality - buyers like myself hold the cards and the above are our thought processes more or less. I’ve seen several listed for below 50k and the prices were still not worth my jumping on. Yet.

-Paul