Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 - Best Switch power source

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought a dashcam, the built in tesla one isnt great quality and would rather rely on a "purpose Built" cam .

Have searched and searched and still trying to find the best "Switched" 12v source.

Any easy accessible Power sources ?

Dashcam is actually powered by USB-C but from what i can see these sources stay active if sentry is enabled.

I only want the dashcam on when driving.

doing a little more research , The charge pad on the 2022 uses a red 12v connector . I am installing the following.

would i be correct in thinking that the charging pad 12v source that the speedo above uses must be switched ? otherwise the speedometer would always be on ?

doing a little more research , The charge pad on the 2022 uses a red 12v connector . I am installing the following.

would i be correct in thinking that the charging pad 12v source that the speedo above uses must be switched ? otherwise the speedometer would always be on ?
That aftermarket screen connects to the car's communications bus (CAN bus) and knows when the car is "started" or not. Here's a thread about finding a switched power source mainly by people that want it for radar detectors.

Here's another thread

That aftermarket screen connects to the car's communications bus (CAN bus) and knows when the car is "started" or not. Here's a thread about finding a switched power source mainly by people that want it for radar detectors.

Here's another thread

Thank you , i thought about it in the end and came to the same conclusion. I assume the canbus wires are the ones behind the RH door trim .

Thank you for the links, i have read a few before but will double check the ones linked .Thank you.