Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 RWD, less than 3,000 miles, SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model 3 (1/22/22 build date) in White with black interior. PPF done on full front and sideskirt with Stek. Stek ceramic tint as well. Lots of little doodads added like trays and full mats from Tesmanian. Has all the newest updates like matrix lights, ryzen, heated steering and wipers, Li-on 12v battery. My model Y is coming next week so need to sell as I don't want 2 car loans. Asking 52K and can meet anywhere in SoCal.

Attachments

• teslapic.jpg
    teslapic.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 587
Quick clarification -- did you mean to write AWD (instead of RWD) in the subject?

Asking because your price is $5K more than a brand new Model 3 RWD, and only $2-3K less (probably for the miles it has on it) less than a brand new Model 3 AWD/LR?

Reactions: cougar1968
Quick clarification -- did you mean to write AWD (instead of RWD) in the subject?

Asking because your price is $5K more than a brand new Model 3 RWD, and only $2-3K less (probably for the miles it has on it) less than a brand new Model 3 AWD/LR?
Just sold it this morning but just for clarification, the price now is 47K plus destination and tax which is about 52K out the door. Also that is a July to September delivery date. I was asking 51K for a practical brand new car with PPF and ceramic tint (3000+). I would of course list the sale as a gift so the buyer doesn't have to pay sales tax. This is also the fair price based on KBB private party sales.

‘ I would of course list the sale as a gift so the buyer doesn't have to pay sales tax.’

I’m considering selling my Model 3 through private party as well (in California). It would be great to ‘gift’ the car and offer the buyer the sales tax advantage, but is that tax fraud?

It seems like the dmv could somehow track it and enforce the law, and it might be worth their time for an expensive car like this. I’ve only sold cheap cars before so it never came up. Is this something people commonly do?

‘ I would of course list the sale as a gift so the buyer doesn't have to pay sales tax.’

I’m considering selling my Model 3 through private party as well (in California). It would be great to ‘gift’ the car and offer the buyer the sales tax advantage, but is that tax fraud?

It seems like the dmv could somehow track it and enforce the law, and it might be worth their time for an expensive car like this. I’ve only sold cheap cars before so it never came up. Is this something people commonly do?

People who are selling overpriced things offer to do that to convince the prospective buyer who may not know the rules. Or vice versa.

It is fraud, but I guess it is just playing the odds that the "system had bigger fish to fry" 🤷‍♂️

Though at times (esp when you go in person) DMV can question and request more proof of why it is a gift (based on my non-California experience).