Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y Auckland - NO LTE connectivity for 2 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've lost connectivity too, tried the reset and no luck. Will contact Tesla and see what happens. It worked fine for the first 5 days we had the car then it's lost connectivity. Wondering if it's a sim card problem.

Question. Are maps displayed and working? Just noting they no longer display the LTE bar display on the screen top so making sure your not assuming it’s off. On the road with no LTE all Netflix etc would be gone.

Question. Are maps displayed and working? Just noting they no longer display the LTE bar display on the screen top so making sure your not assuming it’s off. On the road with no LTE all Netflix etc would be gone
I am going on 1 month without LTE. Mobile tech came out and could not fix it. It lost connectivity after the last software update to 2022.36.20. They are having to order new parts and are hard to get apparently b/c they won't get them until Jan 10th (already pushed once). They ordered the parts on December 14th.

Without LTE, navigation does now work. Without navigation, FSD does not work. The only music you can listen to is the radio or via Bluetooth. Obviously no other stream services will work.

Why not connect your car to your mobile phone via Wifi to get around this issue? Guess what, Wifi disabled when in motion (new one to me). Assuming it's this way to they can sell their 'Premium Connectivity' plan...

I am going on 1 month without LTE. Mobile tech came out and could not fix it. It lost connectivity after the last software update to 2022.36.20. They are having to order new parts and are hard to get apparently b/c they won't get them until Jan 10th (already pushed once). They ordered the parts on December 14th.

Without LTE, navigation does now work. Without navigation, FSD does not work. The only music you can listen to is the radio or via Bluetooth. Obviously no other stream services will work.

Why not connect your car to your mobile phone via Wifi to get around this issue? Guess what, Wifi disabled when in motion (new one to me). Assuming it's this way to they can sell their 'Premium Connectivity' plan...
connect to your hotspot from your phone. My LTE is out also. This works as a stopgap

As stated above, you cannot use a hostpot once the car stars moving. It disables wifi (at least on my 2021 refreshed S).

On a side note, got a message from the service department that they rescheduled my appointment from tomorrow the 1/10/23 to the 1/24/23. So that will make it 2.5+ months without connectivity. I am pretty pissed off. This car is missing a lot of features (I paid for).

Last edited:
As it turns out, you can use a hotspot when the car is moving. What happens is that when in park (Wi-Fi is on) and you can connect to our phone's hotspot. When you put it into Drive or Reverse, the Wi-Fi is disabled. You then can go into the Wi-Fi settings and turn it back on which will then connect to your hotspot again. If you put it into Park and then Drive/Reverse again you have to do the process all over again. It's a workaround I guess i can live with. Wish I would of know this 2 months ago. Bluetooth blows.