Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost premium connectivity and Spotify is weirdly broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car started behaving strangely. It might be associated with it downloading 2024.8.4. When I came out to the car after my last stop on my way home the screen said my premium connectivity had expired (which is a lie) and I had to renew to continue listening to Spotify. When I got home I did a 2-button reset which got the premium connectivity issue sorted but the car continued to behave strangely. For example, I could get to YouTube but I couldn't log in. Voice commands stopped working. The screen showed I had a good wifi connection (at home).

One wild guess is it started downloading the update via LTE which happened to be really slow and this maxed out the bandwidth preventing other things from working properly because it was stuck on using LTE. The download was slow at 40 KB/s but was able to improve this by going back out to the car and putting it into drive. I've learned that putting it into drive often fixes connection issues.

Spotify is still weird. It kinda works now but the Spotify screen will revert to the previous audio streaming screen after a few seconds. It's like the car had a little nervous breakdown.

I'm hoping everything will magically get better once the update is complete. I doubt there is much else to be done to fix the problems but I thought I'd report the weirdness anyway.

Reactions: LindyLoo
Thanks for confirming outages in your areas. But have you seen the car tell you, incorrectly, that your Premium Connectivity subscription has expired? Or have you seen the Spotify screen always revert to the previous audio app screen?

Outages are not infrequent here and there are some places I drive that simply have no cell coverage. But I've never seen my car act so bizarrely before.