Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y Performance brake noise / thump

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, it is a 2 month old MYP with 1000 miles.
I have noticed a thump noise when driving at very low speeds (5 mph) and suddenly very gently touching the brake pedal.
I think it is coming from the back (not sure).
It seems like if the brake is engaged and pads pushed towards the disc or something?
Noise present regardless of the driving mode and only with very low speeds and only when very gently applying the brake suddenly, so it is kind of hard to reproduce every single time.
You can hear it on the video immediately after my foot touches the brake pedal.
Is this normal behaviour or should I be concerned and take the car in for a check?

Update: Tesla service identified the thump and lubricated some parts and the noise disappeared. They said that this is due to brakes being brand new and almost never used, in time this sound should disappear entirely. The brakes are OK and without issues. This morning when the car was cold the thump is back but I just ignore it now...
Hope this post helps someone one day with a similar observation...

• Informative
Reactions: legendsk
Upvote 0
So, it is a 2 month old MYP with 1000 miles.
I have noticed a thump noise when driving at very low speeds (5 mph) and suddenly very gently touching the brake pedal.
I think it is coming from the back (not sure).
It seems like if the brake is engaged and pads pushed towards the disc or something?
Noise present regardless of the driving mode and only with very low speeds and only when very gently applying the brake suddenly, so it is kind of hard to reproduce every single time.
You can hear it on the video immediately after my foot touches the brake pedal.
Is this normal behaviour or should I be concerned and take the car in for a check?

Video of mine....19' M3P 47k

Upvote 0