Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y reservation for transfer(Seattle)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short.
Both my brother and I order the same spec Model Y.
White, 5seat, LR, black interior.

I have already got mine 3 weeks ago.
Brother in Seattle got tired or waiting and needed a car right away. Ordered a VW and got delivered in 3 weeks. Day after he picked up the VW, he gets a text saying his MY5LR is ready.

So, if anyone wants to jump on that, let me know. I can PM you info. The sales person said it can be transferred as it has not been delivered yet.
Thats pretty much the info I have. You can contact him and the Tesla rep to do all the changes that is needed.

Reactions: Kennymb5384
I believe he is now in contact with a few of you guys in there. So, I'll hold on passing his contact you everyone else that has DM'ed me, and will let you know if the car is still available.
Thanks for the interest.

Thanks guys. The car has been transferred to one of the members that posted on this thread.
The car price was 56k I believe and transfer was done with the initial downpayment which my brother put when he ordered it. I believe the car was ready for delivery the next day. Most probably already been delivered by now.

Not sure what all the process was getting the transfer done. But I will leave the thread open for the person to explain if they wish so others know what it takes in the future.

Reactions: ytpemium1
Hey all, I bought the reservation on this one for my cousin. The process was very easy, but I sense that's SA specific. The seller and my cousin spoke on the phone to establish some level of trust, then my cousin spoke to the SA to change the registration info on the back-end. When that happened, a different VIN was assigned locally versus the one assigned in Seattle (the seller is in Seattle). My cousin then paid the seller via PayPal. Also, what made this easy was the seller had no other Tesla products on their account, so effectively they gave up their account. Something like this would be challenging if the reservation seller had other Tesla products on their account.

In summary, reservation transfers work as long as 1) flexible SA and 2) seller gives up account.