Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Refreshed Model S - problems with Chargepoint chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my 2022 MSLR on January 2. Have charged a few times at Superchargers - no problem. But in the last week I have tried with Chargepoint chargers twice. And, both times it 'stopped charging' per a message on the Instrument panel screen before it ever started. The first time, disconnected and reconnected and somehow it got working ok. I had used this one before with my Model 3, no problem. Today, the same thing happened at another location that is new to me, but i didnt have the patience to mess around to try to get it to work. Are other refresh MS folks having this problem? and is there an easy solution? I noticed a related thread about Chargepoint problems, but since the title specified 2021, i figured i would post this 2022 thread.

I have a 2022 model s LR. I just tried a local chargepoint charger today. My town offers it for free, so i figured I'd give it a shot. The problem I had was the tension on the charger handle from their retraction cable pulls the connector sideways when it's plugged into the car and causes a disconnect. I had to back up as close to the charger as I could get and I still had a problem until I tried the other charge cable on the pedestal. That one worked. 204 volts at 30 amps averaging 21 or 22 mph. My Tesla wall charger at home does 240 volts at 48 amps and 45 mph. At least it's free. I can hook up and walk to a nearby restaurant for dinner and pick up some free miles. The charger also said it needed a new modem as it's 3g connection was about to be disabled.

Reactions: Wilber