Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How pay for Chargepoint - pay as you go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you pay for Chargepoint when you have to pay for it? I went to Las Vegas Dave and Busters and that chargepoint used to be free but it is not anymore, it said $2 per 1 hour I believe. But I checked my app to see how many Kwh it gave the car and it was around 32c per Kwh which is okay to me. I think anything around 21c kwh is very good but usually are like 12am-4am and anything 48c per kwh is bad but usually priced for superchargers to reach one major city to another like from Orange County to Las Vegas.

But I don't really know how to really pay for it. I thought it charge my apple pay and I see a $7-10 transaction but I do not see it on both cards that are on Apple Pay. So maybe I got to charge for free and it says I owe $10 but didn't pay for it. But also I had like $7 credit I still had to use up from a previous trip that I never used for a long time. So I thought maybe I owe $3 after I used that $7 credit when paying a $10 bill.

But I don't really know how pay as you go really works with Chargepoint. I just tapped the phone to the charger, it authorized to charge, and it charged. Do I have to pay it off like a monthly SCE bill that comes once a month? Or does it go to my credit card statement which I get once a month?

You likely have a payment method attached to your ChargePoint account, and whatever payment method you have set up there is what will be used. Log into your ChargePoint account and see.

ChargePoint does use both a Pay as you Go and Stored Balance payment systems. Maybe you are really on the Stored Balance payment method and have a balance so you didn't get charged (I am trying to follow what you were talking about with your $7-10 statement).

1710354801072.png

You should be able to check your Charging Activity and Monthly Statements in the Account menu to figure out what's going on.

1710354851198.png

Interesting... my own ChargePoint account shows an Edit button for Payment Type:

1710385518655.png

Going to the Edit page:

1710385606520.png

I'm using a PenFed Visa card as the payment source. Some time back it was another credit card but I've always had Auto Reload since setting up the account.