Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargePoint Model X model selection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Does anyone use ChargePoint app with 2023 Model X? If so, what EV vehicle model you have selected in the ChargePoint app?

For every ChargePoint Tesla Model X I tried, the year is an older year (2021 or before). I don't see 2023 or even 2022 model in there. I get free charging at work with ChargePoint app and am wondering what Model X should I choose in the app.

Thanks,
Osho

Hi,

Does anyone use ChargePoint app with 2023 Model X? If so, what EV vehicle model you have selected in the ChargePoint app?

For every ChargePoint Tesla Model X I tried, the year is an older year (2021 or before). I don't see 2023 or even 2022 model in there. I get free charging at work with ChargePoint app and am wondering what Model X should I choose in the app.

Thanks,
Osho
It doesn't really matter. The Model X has had the same 48 amp charger since 2019.

The public Chargepoint at my Drs is 32A, does your work Chargepoint go higher?
You will get whatever the charger offers if less than 48 amps. Chargepoint terminals vary all over the place. There are a bunch of free Chargepoints in my area at Kohl's stores, I think they are only 32 amps as well. But Chargepoint also has some DC fast chargers, but none close to me.

The chargepoint card is good for the chargers that are not online and free of charge.
They should be, although it has been a very long time since I've used one, because they are very slow. They are Level 2, but about half what I get from my wall connector at home. Plus if they are installed at a commercial site, they are often only fed 208V (instead of 240) reducing the charge rate even more. 32 amps @ 208V = around 6 - 7 kw. At home I am running 48a @ ~250V which is more like 10 -12 kw.