Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla model 3 Lemon in NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Tesla model 3 LR with 19,000+ miles. I had no chance but to open a Lemon Law case. Once the Division of Consumer Affairs sent the paperwork to Tesla I was contacted and offered a repurchase of my Model 3 without going to court. Thats good news, but now my question is. Does anyone know who long this process form tesla should take? I responded the Tesla persons email, but I have not heard back in a week. I also sent some follow up emails but so far, no respond.

Same problem with my 2023 MYP. Was feeling a draft anytime a large vehicle passed by me also. Took it to the SC where they verified the concern and attempted to adjust the doors. All they did was make my doors crooked and look terrible and the air leak got worse. Took it back again and they ended up having it for 2 months. Once I picked it up the second time it was still not fixed and the doors were now so crooked the car looked like it was in an accident. They ultimately offered to repurchase the vehicle.

Don’t let the Tesla cultists try to tell
You these are minor issues and try to back up a company selling defective cars. There’s no excuse for a $50k+ vehicle to have cold air drafting through when a car passes you on the freeway. Complete bs.
Hi may I ask how your repurchase went? I got offered a repurchase. They offered a repurchase for the full amount but like you they are taking forever to get the process started. Did you purchase a different tesla? Im being told by an advisor at the service center that I can order a new vehicle and they will arrange it so I drop off the vehicle and pick up the new one that day or the next day. The manager at that service center is saying I have to surrender the vehicle and wait four weeks for them to mail me a refund check and the new vehicle order will be separate.