Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold 2023 Model Y Long Range Boca Raton Florida 325 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2023 Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive

Located in Boca Raton, FL

Mileage: 325 mi.

Bought for my wife, she does not like it. (I have a Model X Plaid and love it).

New condition, garage kept since new, no pets, no smoking, absolutely no scratches, dings, etc.

Description:
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Five Seat Interior
White Premium Interior
White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Autopilot
Tesla Gen 3 Wall Connector

Make an offer.

Here are some photos:

IMG_2576.JPG
IMG_2577.JPG
IMG_2578.JPG
IMG_2579.JPG
IMG_2580.JPG
IMG_2581.JPG
IMG_2582.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG
IMG_2584.JPG

Reactions: saj070
Congratulations! How much did you sell it for? I just want to know what a reasonable price would look like if/when I'm in the market for one :)
I think you have to consider some things:

The Model Y was delivered in mid December, 2022 back when the version we purchased was about $65,000. I did get the $3,750 discount they were offering back then. But given the price for my car last Monday was 50,990 when I listed it (price went up $250 since then), and with the tax credit, the effective price of the car last Monday would have been 43,490.

Therefore the price I paid for the car has been reduced by Tesla's price decreases, and the price I paid is not a determinate as to what it is worth today.

I think a reasonable price for the car (from my perspective as seller) would only be possible if it was sold to a person who could not use the tax credit.

So if you can use the tax credit, I think you would have a hard time finding a seller willing to sell a car like mine, in pristine condition, for less than you can buy new with the tax credit unless the seller is willing to take a really large loss. As it is, I took about a $19,000 loss.

I received an offer of $46,000, which is a $5,000 discount from what a new one would cost without the tax credit. Considering almost 6 months of the warranty had run, it seemed reasonable to me.

I think my situation is an extreme one. Most people that are selling almost new Tesla are doing so due to having to move across the country for job changes, or other extreme reasons, and the cars have more than 325 miles, so you are not likely to see a car that is exactly like the one I was selling. Cars that have more miles will likely be sold for less.

I got my Model X in June, 2022, my son has a Model 3, and the driving experience for both of us is so great, (not going to fill up with gas, the service experience (so far at least), the tech, etc.) and the whole ownership experience is so positive, I was really taken aback when my wife did not take to her Model Y. After almost 6 months, with the car just sitting in the garage I realized there was nothing I could do to change her thinking and decided to sell the car as taking the loss was better than having that investment just sitting in the garage.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Yurand and Hiline
Status
Not open for further replies.