Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 model y spotify playback error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks

I'm new to both the forum and just had my model y for nearly a month and really pleased so far.
However despite having the family spotify package I keep getting playback error and playing on another device...when trying to use spotify in the car even though I am signed in to my account on the tesla.
Any help much appreciated

Best wishes Phil ❤️

I have the exact same issue. It's intermittent but very annoying. I used to use the Tesla account but recently switched to Spotify from Amazon and have signed in with my own family account.

I logged out and switched back to the vehicle account and it seemed to work OK.

Went to Alexa and made sure that my accounts had Spotify as default player (both family and my own premium account).

Logged back into my Spotify account on the vehicle and so far, seems OK, even with someone else playing music on Alexa at home.

I dont know if its different in the UK vs US but here in the US, family plan or not, each login for your spotify account can only have 1 concurrent stream.

What this means in practical terms is, if you are listening to spotify on your phone (perhaps while walking to your car), and are using the same spotify account for your car and your phone (which would be the normal thing to do), at least some of the time the car will give you the "listening on another device error".

I have found that I can swipe away the spotify app on my phone, then tap spotify in the car and re load my playlist, and that usually corrects it.

Something I have always ment to do is, because I have a family plan but am not using all the accounts on it, is to setup a car specific one and only use it in the car. Havent ever gotten around to doing it though.

If you have spotify on more than one device (like you are listening on a computer at work, and your phone, and the car), you will see this message more often because only 1 concurrent stream is allowed per email addres (again, at least here in the US).