Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model y running changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day all.
I’m looking to purchase my first Tesla. I’m interested in a 2023 Model Y with lower mileage.
When I look at a used Y, how do I determine where it is in the sequence of changes.
I’m interested in having the latest Hardware 4, the updated suspension, and? Is there any quick way, such as if it has the updated front door panels, that means it has the updated suspension?

As well, other than pulling off the rear cover, is there any quick way to determine if it has the factory tow package?

Thanks in advance…

Ted

You can check the version in the car itself. My current software version is 2024.8.4 - you can check notateslaapp.com for details regarding that release's features. Keep in mind updates are made available automatically and the owner decides when to install them.

I got my 2023 MYLR in January, 2023, and it's on HW3. I think HW4 started on the MY in June, 2023, or so. I don't have the tow package so can't confirm. You may be able to see whether it was factory installed through the car's configuration in the in-car computer.