Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.14.9 questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloaded 2024.14.9 on highland last week, from 2024.3.25.....still getting used to it and finding where things moved to. Couple questions:

1. Previously when I stopped the car and undid my seat belt, the car went into Park automatically. If I then held the P down, it initiated the parking brake....at least I think so. Was I dreaming this, is there actually a parking brake, and if so how do I set it now? The "P" has disappeared as an option to press.

2. When going through a car wash, was totally simple to just touch the "N" at the screen shifting bottom and slip into neutral. They removed this, seems kinda silly. I see now I can touch the indicators by my rear view mirror to go into neutral. I can also go through the menu system to go into car wash mode, then press on free wheel mode. Am I missing something here, is there an easier path into neutral on the main screen? Gotta say, the visible "N" in 2024.3.25 was awesome.

3. I've initiated the "auto trunk open" in the menu "locks" options. It works for my wife's phone, doesn't work for mine. We both have iPhone 15 Pro, on latest Apple software. I've restarted my phone, rebooted the car, compared options on both phones....both have checked off "nearby interactions" on the Apple setup for Tesla. There's probably something else that needs to be set up on my phone, but for the life of me I can't find it. Everything else Tesla related works with my phone, ie, I walk up and open the drivers door and it goes directly to all my settings. Any ideas?

Just fyi, this isn't my first rodeo with Tesla, I get it with software updates, sometimes they do stupid stuff and sometimes it's amazing. Just a few head bangers here.