Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 M3P to tint or not to tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, first time poster here.

I am currently awaiting deliver of my first Tesla, a white model 3 performance. Its is currently on its way to Brisbane on the Walrus Ace. I am hoping to get some views from owners on whether the factory tint on the M3 is sufficient? I am considering 35% all round but wonder how much different it will look from the factory tint?

The same appl
Model 3 is not tinted from the factory. 100% fishbowl.
The same applies to the Model Y.

I put after-market tint on, 96% IR heat rejection (XPel, if I recall correctly, and their highest rated tint). The crowd I used recommended not to do roof, and of course, windscreen is out anyway. Even just the side and back windows done made a *HUGE* difference.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Vostok
I dont have performance but I have white LR and the ceramic tint was a must from the fishbowl it was before. I got 35 front, 20 rear. Wish I did 20 all round but didn't want to get defected.

Attachments

• IMG_3858.jpg
    IMG_3858.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 9
That’s 100% personal taste and there’s no right answer.

A quality ceramic tint is more important than the darkness level.

Apart from any local laws/regulations of course.

Wouldn't want to be defected or have your new car insurance invalidated in the name of "looking cooler" :)

My NL company organized the darkest legal tint on my M3h and they were firm on only supplying this, if i wanted to tint it darker i would have had to do it at my own expense.

The Ceramic tints are awesome, not sure if darker = reduction in temperature if the UV is the same?

IMG_0603.jpeg

Apart from any local laws/regulations of course.

Wouldn't want to be defected or have your new car insurance invalidated in the name of "looking cooler" :)

My NL company organized the darkest legal tint on my M3h and they were firm on only supplying this, if i wanted to tint it darker i would have had to do it at my own expense.

The Ceramic tints are awesome, not sure if darker = reduction in temperature if the UV is the same?

View attachment 1059710
This looks great!! I am also going through a NL and they are offering a tint (35%)

Reactions: dronus
The same appl

The same applies to the Model Y.

I put after-market tint on, 96% IR heat rejection (XPel, if I recall correctly, and their highest rated tint). The crowd I used recommended not to do roof, and of course, windscreen is out anyway. Even just the side and back windows done made a *HUGE* difference.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

It does have privacy glass on all glass but the front windows and windscreen however.