Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Wheel Insert replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement inserts for the oem wheels on the new M3 performance? Specifically one of the small inserts, more specifically the one that goes over the valve stem spot? This is what mine looked like after I removed it from the wheel to clean. All the inserts were wedged in so tight, I could barely get them out. One happened to snap the clips off. I have looked all over the website and in the shop through the app. Nothing.

1718772182448.png
IMG_5386.jpg

Are you certain you can't just put those back into the slots? Is the plastic actually broken? I know for the Model 3 aero covers, if the metal bit popped out, as long as the plastic is not broken, it's possible to pop the metal piece back in.

If instead you must order, they are in the Tesla EPC (electronic parts catalog):

Looks like it is item 10 in this section:
1020 INCH WISHBONE AERO INSERT KIT1344274-00-BOver The Counter44
Parts Catalog

You can put in an order in the service section of the app, by using the other category and doing a "parts-only" request. In a day or two typically your local SC will respond on if they have it in stock, what the price it is, or how long it will take before they get stock for you to pick it up.

Looks like it is sold in a whole set of 4 though, not sure if you can just buy for one wheel or even just that piece.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kinetik
Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement inserts for the oem wheels on the new M3 performance? Specifically one of the small inserts, more specifically the one that goes over the valve stem spot? This is what mine looked like after I removed it from the wheel to clean. All the inserts were wedged in so tight, I could barely get them out. One happened to snap the clips off. I have looked all over the website and in the shop through the app. Nothing.

View attachment 1057733 View attachment 1057732

Tesla is going to be the only place you can purchase most OEM parts new for a Tesla vehicle.

Are you certain you can't just put those back into the slots? Is the plastic actually broken? I know for the Model 3 aero covers, if the metal bit popped out, as long as the plastic is not broken, it's possible to pop the metal piece back in.

If instead you must order, they are in the Tesla EPC (electronic parts catalog):

Looks like it is item 10 in this section:
1020 INCH WISHBONE AERO INSERT KIT1344274-00-BOver The Counter44
Parts Catalog

You can put in an order in the service section of the app, by using the other category and doing a "parts-only" request. In a day or two typically your local SC will respond on if they have it in stock, what the price it is, or how long it will take before they get stock for you to pick it up.

Looks like it is sold in a whole set of 4 though, not sure if you can just buy for one wheel or even just that piece.
Unfortunately yeah, the plastic pieces are completely broke off. But thanks for this. I guess if I have to buy a set of 4, I'll have my own inventory to sell one offs. :)