Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new 2024 Model S LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here she is! I picked her up yesterday. The 2024 Model S Long Range in White with White interior. My wife and daughter pushed for that (not my choice). It’s my third Tesla, my second Model S since 2015.

i need to get used to the Shifter, which I had no idea moved to the screen. Not a problem, just need to undo 30+ years of driving to adjust. Also, I need to get used to the turn signals on the steering wheel.

There’s also a screen in the back for my kids or passengers to enjoy. This is new to me, but probably not new to you.

Excited to have her in the stable and enjoy her throughout New England.

I’ll be taking much better pictures soon and will try and put 1,000 miles before I give a real review.

IMG_9883.jpeg

IMG_9886.jpeg
IMG_9888.jpeg
IMG_9889.jpeg
IMG_9890.jpeg
IMG_9892.jpeg
IMG_9893.jpeg

Reactions: DerbyDave
Congrats. Husband picking up his Model S on Monday. Yes a few things to readjust to after his 2017 Model S. I’m going to miss his Alcantra lining and the front passenger seat adjustments that I think they took out. He also had the sunroof in his 2017. At least he gets back the ventilated seats I believe. He ordered the round steering wheel. I’ve heard people on some cars, not sure model, were having their steer wheel material peeling off. Is that suppose to be a problem with this year’s Model S?

Does the S still come with Homelink installed?

Last edited:
Congrats. Husband picking up his Model S on Monday. Yes a few things to readjust to after his 2017 Model S. I’m going to miss his Alcantra lining and the front passenger seat adjustments that I think they took out. He also had the sunroof in his 2017. At least he gets back the ventilated seats I believe. He ordered the round steering wheel. I’ve heard people on some cars, not sure model, were having their steer wheel material peeling off. Is that suppose to be a problem with this year’s Model S?

I haven't heard about the steering wheel issue. I'll keep my eyes open for that. So far, I haven't noticed anything. As for Homelink, it's installed and I'm already using it ;)

Reactions: SMAlset
The peeling is on the yoke, not the steering wheel, as far as I’ve heard. Homelink is there and pretty easy to program.

Hey dherman - did you have to have your garage door reconfigured to fit the lift? Do you mind saying how much the lift and install costs? I’m considering the same setup.

The peeling is on the yoke, not the steering wheel, as far as I’ve heard. Homelink is there and pretty easy to program.

Hey dherman - did you have to have your garage door reconfigured to fit the lift? Do you mind saying how much the lift and install costs? I’m considering the same setup.
Will PM you a video.

In short, yes, we had to change the garage door setup a bit to accommodate the side of the garage with the lift due to ceiling height. I'll send you a video in a few moments once I go shoot it.

Last edited:

Those issues are the Model 3, not the S. The current S includes an Alcantara headliner and full front passenger seat adjustments including lumbar.

The ventilated seats work far better and are now cooled, not just a fan, and you can set the seats to adjust the heat/cooling automatically.

The round steering wheels never had a pealing problem, and the yoke has a new design that is being shipped on cars now for those who ordered it. If you get the old yoke design, and it peals, Tesla will replace it under warranty. The S/X has always included Homeline.