Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'23 Y still come with CCS charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Picked mine up a week ago. It shows CCS enabled in the info screen. UPS is delivering a Tesla CCS adapter today which I will test this weekend.

(I'm talking level 3 DCFC CCS, not L2 J1772 - Edit: typo)
I did two test charges today with the new Tesla CCS adapter and two with my old Tesla Chademo adapter, first at a Flo station (75kW max) and second at Electrify America (150/350kW). The Flo charge was first with a relatively cold battery (ambient temp 63 degrees, 5 miles of driving) and state of charge around 55%. I pulled around 50kW on the CCS, 18kW (?) with the Chademo.

Then I turned on preconditioning (navigate to a local supercharger), but diverted to EA. I tested the 150kW and 350kW CCS chargers and got ~70kW with each (SoC ~60%). The EA Chademo gave me 43kW. Then I drove 1/10 mile to a V2 supercharger and got ~70kW as well.

So both adapters will work with a 2023 Model Y. The CCS adapter requires CCS enabled (obviously); the Chademo adapter does all the signal conversion internally and does not require any explicit support in the car.