TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

240v installation in garage - Seeking info from Model S owners in Austin

Discussion in 'Model S' started by tslaaustin, Jul 15, 2016.

1. tslaaustin

tslaaustin Member

Jun 27, 2016
    Hi Fellow Austinites,
    I am expecting delivery of my model S in a month from now. Need following recommendations.
    1. Looking for references (contractors contacts) on 240v charge port installation in my garage. Price range they charged ?
    2. Best place around Austin to get body coat Xpel or other type of coats and costs ?
    3. Best place you recommend for Tinting the windows ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. TSLATed

TSLATed Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Your local Tesla store should be able to provide you with recommended electrical contractors in your area. When I ordered my Model S I was given a list of three local recommended electricians (in Central Florida). I contacted all three and requested a quote for installation of a NEMA 14-50 receptacle in my garage. Two of the three recommended electricians came to my home and provided me quotes. The third one never responded to my inquiry. The two bids I received were $850 and $885. This included parts, labor, and permitting with my county. The installation took about 90 minutes with two electricians working on the project (running wires through the attic then down a concrete block interior garage wall with aluminum conduit).