Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

240v installation in garage - Seeking info from Model S owners in Austin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Fellow Austinites,
I am expecting delivery of my model S in a month from now. Need following recommendations.
1. Looking for references (contractors contacts) on 240v charge port installation in my garage. Price range they charged ?
2. Best place around Austin to get body coat Xpel or other type of coats and costs ?
3. Best place you recommend for Tinting the windows ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Your local Tesla store should be able to provide you with recommended electrical contractors in your area. When I ordered my Model S I was given a list of three local recommended electricians (in Central Florida). I contacted all three and requested a quote for installation of a NEMA 14-50 receptacle in my garage. Two of the three recommended electricians came to my home and provided me quotes. The third one never responded to my inquiry. The two bids I received were $850 and $885. This included parts, labor, and permitting with my county. The installation took about 90 minutes with two electricians working on the project (running wires through the attic then down a concrete block interior garage wall with aluminum conduit).