Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd row seat bottom removal for 7-seater Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dbox

Sep 3, 2022
Does anyone have instructions for how to remove the seat bottom for the 2nd row in the 7-seater? My kids dropped something into the seat through the seatbelt holder. All of the instructions for doing this seem to be for the 5-seater and the 2nd row seats are different. Thanks for your help.

Commenting to keep notifications if someone has a solution. Same issue here, they dropped a Nintendo switch cartridge and can't for the life of me figure out how to reach down there. Figured with all the launches i do with the car, it will fly out from the bottom but no luck.

I just started working a removal for some seat covers, their instructions are complete trash. From looking underneath the passenger side, it appears that there is a plastic base that the foam rests on and is clipped down with the actual fabric. For the smaller seat in particular, i found 2 quick release clips that had to be pulled, and a single bolt that is under the side panel (The one with the seat folding switch on it) to be able to lift the cushion off of the rails. I haven't had the time to look at the bigger driver side seat yet.