Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Car Seats do fit in the 3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JPUConn

Aug 11, 2014
CT
EDB98A88-4289-429F-93C2-75C07D80F09D.jpeg
5C7BA386-39DA-48E9-B51B-595350573981.jpeg
3x diono radian rxt fit well in the back of the Model 3!

Seeing this inspired me to try my collection of car seats.
x2 Graco 4ever
x1 Cosco Scenera (I think)
Tight fit, but doors close without pinching the seats. Used seat belts for all seats, can’t do it with latch system.

View attachment 387186 View attachment 387189

I put some towels between the car seat and the Tesla seats to minimize creasing on the pleather.

On my last two S’s any creases or marks came out with a hair dryer and a bit of a massage.

View attachment 388428 View attachment 388429 View attachment 388430

Thanks! Great info and pics.

Infant seats and multiple rear facing seats are not a great fit for a Model 3 for those expecting new babies and they should be rear facing for as long as possible. We luckily just have 1 Uppababy Mesa installed behind the passenger side and there is no way multiple rear facing car seats can fit. The Model X on the other hand shines as a baby mover and the FWD have been the single best feature to load kids in. The 3 can work for a 2 kid family but really would not encourage it for 3 kid families as a primary car. Best to pick up a inventory discounted X or wait 2 years when they will be under 45-50k used.

• Informative
Reactions: GaryC
Can anyone report how the Graco 4Ever fits in the rear facing position in the back of a Model 3? How far up does the passenger seat need to be?

Not sure about graco but the diono takes up a lot of room rear facing. I’m 6’2 and am quite uncomfortable in the passenger seat with a rear facing seat behind it. It’s ok for short around town drives. My wife is 5’6” and is comfortable in the passenger seat.