Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

30 miles left on my battery warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. I’m coming to an end of my battery warranty so I decided to do a 100% charge to verify that the battery is ok. What advice do you guys have for me based on what I’m seeing.

Before the 100% charge my battery imbalance was 22mv. After charging to 100% the imbalance increased to 40mv. I then took the car for a long drive where it’s currently now sitting in my garage with 6% SOC and showing a 122mv imbalance. My plan is to let it sit at 6% for a few hours than charge it back up to 100% and let it sit there for a few hours to see if the mv imbalance comes down.

Is that plan logical? Or what should I do with the car as the battery is looking really imbalanced to me.

Attachments

• IMG_3713.png
    IMG_3713.png
    494.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3735.png
    IMG_3735.png
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3742.png
    IMG_3742.png
    977.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi, As I already wrote here Acceptable cell imbalance range? in my case I have to charge the care at first time to 100% and live unplugged, to trigger the balancing process. After that I have to charge the car not later than at 70% SOC to stay in balancing process. I takes day to go down from 50mv to one digit imbalance. But in my case I have only one cell which has this problem, I your situation there are multiple cells, But you can give it a try and write here back your results.

Before the 100% charge my battery imbalance was 22mv. After charging to 100% the imbalance increased to 40mv. I then took the car for a long drive where it’s currently now sitting in my garage with 6% SOC and showing a 122mv imbalance.
I have also same situation: after charging to 100% the imbalance increases from 17mv to 30mv. I will be tomorrow at about 10% SOC and will report my imbalance!

Reactions: pickleking
Upvote 0