Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3d maxpider floor mats are really nice!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to quickly chime in on all weather floor mats. I shopped around and wanted something classy, not too bulky, yet with enough protection for mild Virginia winters. The 3d maxpider mats is what i decided on and let me tell you that was the right call. They look sooo good and feel great, almost the type of material you'd wish the car would have shipped with. I can't think of a better all weather floormat...

Interesting. I purchased the 3D max spider in August of 2017 and did not care for the fitment of the drivers mat after 6 months. Way too big of a gap along the door area. Rear is very nice. I would say for a carpet like feel for a waterproof mat is was nice/somewhat classy. I don't like the logo as it is riveted through the mat and creates a hole. I would consider removing as shoes sometimes catch on it.

That being said I swapped for the Tesla branded ones by weather tech. Better fit in my view. Some don't care for the rubber. I get it. I personally like the fit over finish in this case.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
I bought a set back in early 2017 and after about a 9 mths to a year, a gap started to show at the driver door. now it's almost an inch gap and terrible in my opinion. I don't know if the heat shrinks the mats over time, but when I first got them, they were flush with the door. Was this the same outcome for you "outdoors"?

the passenger and backseat mats are still fine.

Have them in my X for 6 months. They fit like a glove and have a good under feet feel. Like it better than my previous heavy rubber ones. More classy, less industrial.

The Tan color does not exactly match my tan leather, but they complement each other pretty well.

Happy with purchase.

Interesting. I purchased the 3D max spider in August of 2017 and did not care for the fitment of the drivers mat after 6 months. Way too big of a gap along the door area. Rear is very nice. I would say for a carpet like feel for a waterproof mat is was nice/somewhat classy. I don't like the logo as it is riveted through the mat and creates a hole. I would consider removing as shoes sometimes catch on it.

That being said I swapped for the Tesla branded ones by weather tech. Better fit in my view. Some don't care for the rubber. I get it. I personally like the fit over finish in this case.

I bought a set back in early 2017 and after about a 9 mths to a year, a gap started to show at the driver door. now it's almost an inch gap and terrible in my opinion. I don't know if the heat shrinks the mats over time, but when I first got them, they were flush with the door. Was this the same outcome for you "outdoors"?

the passenger and backseat mats are still fine.

@outdoors and @skyhix. I had the same problem. The driver side mat never fit well. There was a gap along the door and the mat kept on moving around. One end of the logo eventually broke away from the rivet, leaving a hole there for any liquid to seep through. I contacted the company and just sent my mats back for a refund. I took delivery of my MS 12/2017. I purchased the mats late 11/2017 and had to wait about 3 to 4 weeks for delivery of the mats since EVERY place that was selling the mats were out of stock. I tried to ignore the gap and the fact that I had to always adjust the mats but eventually got fed up with it. I contacted Maxpider and sent them pics about 2 weeks ago asking if I got a defective set. They stated that they sent the pics to their product team to compare their test-fitting pics and mine. Their conclusion was "... it seems the vehicle has a different trim on your vehicle and that causes the fitment problem".

I really like the texture of the mats, so I even replied linking another thread on here showing how much people liked the mats but have not received any response.

Floor Mats! 3D MAXpider Floor Mats

They did provide me with a return authorization for a refund. I ended up getting the Weathertech liners. Fitment is much better on these. The rear Maxpider mats are fine though...

20180405_071755 (1).jpg
20180405_071910.jpg 20180405_071841.jpg

I've been using the 3D MAXpider Floor Mats (Front and Rear) for nearly 3 years. These things hold up really well and do a great job of keeping dirt and moisture contained. Only gripe is that the front driver slides up over time and has to be pulled back down into place. Ive been planning to add velcro to help stop it in place but yet to get around to it. (Shows how much is bothers me).

They do make them in a Front only set or Rear only which seems new.Which is CHEAPER than buying the Full set...

Pro Tip. You're welcome :p

Reactions: Jimmy 1