Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd party tail lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yea thats why I asked, I know the lights have to UK legal and some are listed as LHD only so I ignore them as they are for the US market but some are listed as RHD and thats why I wanted to ask on here.

yea thats why I asked, I know the lights have to UK legal and some are listed as LHD only so I ignore them as they are for the US market but some are listed as RHD and thats why I wanted to ask on here.
There are other RHD countries out there. Also there is nothing to stop manufacturers developing and even selling products that would be illegal to use on the road in the UK (see all the rubbish "show plates").

I've just seen the full length lights for the model 3 - now don't they look superb? Thanks to this thread i took a look on the Hannshow website, Ive sent them a message to confirm if they are UK road legal and also hopefully they have more than one LED for the reversing lights. My solitary reversing light on the standard clusters really is poor, fingers crossed they are better.

Reactions: Forcefire
My solitary reversing light on the standard clusters really is poor

Is that the light or the camera performing badly (in that type of light)?

Might be the MS Raven I'm thinking of - but the night time rear camera was dreadful, I initially blamed the reversing light, but actually the light was bright enough, camera choice was optimised for "day" rather than "night"

Is that the light or the camera performing badly (in that type of light)?

Might be the MS Raven I'm thinking of - but the night time rear camera was dreadful, I initially blamed the reversing light, but actually the light was bright enough, camera choice was optimised for "day" rather than "night"
I never use the camera for reversing, always the mirrors. Model 3 pre 2021 had just the one reversing light - its dreadful if you actually need some light.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I received a reply from Hannshow - typical communication though. Didn't actually confirm they are UK legal just said EU approved and has orange indicators. The UK and EU had some slight differences like the position of the reversing light and the fog light - EU was the other way round to UK to account for their LHD. however they have pressed their 15% DISCOUNT CODE to encourage a purchase - sort of intimating they are legal, but, they said nothing about the reversing light except to confirm its white - so I wonder if "it" means one light - and said nothing about the degree of light output, but Hannshow are very poor at English communication.