Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

46.2 8f8dc1b install lost features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
both of those thinks work fine on my Model 3 with 46.2 (bluetooth and swiping).

Since I am an IT person by trade, I have to ask (its a requirement....) . "Have you turned it off and on again?" (rebooted by holding the two thumbwheels till it reboots?

@Big Dog

If the reboot doesnt work, try removing your phone from bluetooth and re adding it. Of course, I know that this is regular tech troubleshooting, and not tesla specific, but a tesla seems to be a big smartphone to me so... maybe this will work for you.

Yup tried that, and therein lies the problem. I removed the phone from BT and tried to add it back. But when I click on Start Search, it just spins for minutes and minutes, 'Searching', before it finally times out.

I know its a silly question but I am going to ask anyway in trying to assist. Did you try deleting the bluetooth connection from your phone as well, THEN toggling blutooth off and back on, on your phone, then trying the search?

These are things I have done to help people with bluetooth issues in general, not tesla specific. Worth a shot, if you havent tried it.

Elon has gonna have to get those things worked out if he wants to be a mass market car maker. It's one thing to expect the first adopters and us fanboys to keep playing around with the system, but quite a another to expect a harried parent with 3 kids in the car after school to sit and pull out a manual to get the car connected the way it was before the SW update.

Reactions: suwaneedad
there's another thread on tmc about someone who had charge cable plugged in but could not get it out after SW update. No bueno, Elon.

These little things are really bad for perception as you roll out to the masses. The FUD'sters will be all over them.

I tried the reboot suggested above. Reboot was OK but the swipe problems were not fixed. What now?
Set up a mobile service appt. If it's like my experience last week, the existence of the service appt will trigger a re-download of the SW update in an effort to get your issue resolved without Tesla rolling a service vehicle. Unfortunately with my issue (not yours, just NoA continued to fail on download) the phone rep couldn't re-push the SW. The re-push only happened once the service appt was setup and someone else in the food chain was working to solve the issue before the appt was to occur. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
Set up a mobile service appt. If it's like my experience last week, the existence of the service appt will trigger a re-download of the SW update in an effort to get your issue resolved without Tesla rolling a service vehicle. Unfortunately with my issue (not yours, just NoA continued to fail on download) the phone rep couldn't re-push the SW. The re-push only happened once the service appt was setup and someone else in the food chain was working to solve the issue before the appt was to occur. Good luck.

Even though swipe was not working after I rebooted last night. This morning, miraculously, swipe is working!
I guess it needed to "think about it" bit.. :)

Reactions: suwaneedad