Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active Road Noise Reduction Feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have had our MX for almost two weeks and absolutely love it, but wanted to see if anyone else had run into this issue. Randomly, sometimes, this feature will emit a loud noise over the speakers....almost like an airplane flying over head. The other day, it emitted a loud high pitched noise like two microphones being in the same vicinity together. We can immediately get it to stop by rolling the window down, opening the door, or turning off the feature. This makes sense as it states that in the manual. Has anyone had this occur and found a fix for it? When it works, it works rather well.... something something tesla, I know.

We have had our MX for almost two weeks and absolutely love it, but wanted to see if anyone else had run into this issue. Randomly, sometimes, this feature will emit a loud noise over the speakers....almost like an airplane flying over head. The other day, it emitted a loud high pitched noise like two microphones being in the same vicinity together. We can immediately get it to stop by rolling the window down, opening the door, or turning off the feature. This makes sense as it states that in the manual. Has anyone had this occur and found a fix for it? When it works, it works rather well.... something something tesla, I know.
I had the same thing happen to our new X on a trip. Loud humming sound from the speakers and it also sounded like a airplane above. It stopped as soon as we opened the door. Only done this twice and haven't experienced it again. I'm thinking its a software bug as it hasn't replicated since the latest update 2023.32.9.

It works surprisingly well. I was skeptical, but with freeway driving I was cycling it on and off. It cancels out this very low "rumble" that makes the car sound similar to an empty van. The result was similar to being on new pavement vs moderately rough pavement. It's not in your face noticeable, but definitely worth it.