Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4k Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased my first ROVE R2-4K Dash Cam.

I love this dash camera. The video resolution is super amazing and the price is also reasonable on Amazon.

Here's the manufacturer website: ROVE Dash Cam
Here's the link from Amazon: http://a.co/2IIbi4a

I am super happy with my purchase.

It can take max up to 128GB Micro SD card.

Their customer support is also awesome. I had few questions and they responded instantaneously.

I simply love the view from my Tesla. Simply love everything.

Hope this helps guys.
Hit me up if you have any questions.

Reactions: Mattzilla
So, if you look at the camera's and Amazon's website, I have a couple of concerns on this!

First of all, it is NOT recording in FULL 4k, as it is not a 16:9 image, it looks to be about a 4:3 image:

Video Resolutions: 2880x2160P 24f, 2560x1440P 30f, 2304x1296P 30f, 1920x1080P 60f, 1920x1080P 30f, 1280x720P 120f, 60f, 30f.

Also, according to that above, it looks like it is not recording in 60f on "4K", which is what you would want with fast motion of a vehicle!

It is only recording in 24f, which would give a lot of motion blur!

Just a word of caution. These sub $100 chinese dashcams are unreliable. I got in an accident with my old vehicle and found out my well reviewed chinese dashcam had stopped working.

I ended up getting a blackvue for my tesla and found out why everyone on this board recommends them. You really get what you pay for. Blackvue doesnt stop yelling at you if its not working properly. Reliability is what you are paying for.

Wont make that mistake again.