Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5% increase in power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We haven't seen anything of firmware 12.1 out here at least not on the performance models? What's your understanding of the rollout?

Looks like 2019.12.1.2 is at 20% installed on the fleet. As usual I had to disable my WiFi on the car and enable again to get the update push triggered last night. Seems like just the last couple days has been the push for the latest release - the first couple versions of 12 were pretty buggy.

Looks like 2019.12.1.2 is at 20% installed on the fleet. As usual I had to disable my WiFi on the car and enable again to get the update push triggered last night. Seems like just the last couple days has been the push for the latest release - the first couple versions of 12 were pretty buggy.
Thanks Alan. Your remarks as usual are prescient. I just got software notification. Hopefully it's not buggy. I'm still waiting for them to fix the fact that they no longer can load .M4a audio files

We haven't seen anything of firmware 12.1 out here at least not on the performance models? What's your understanding of the rollout?

I have no idea how the roll out is happening but the update came in on Wednesday the 1st but I had issues getting the car to update. Then I got new update yesterday night and it work perfect on the release notes it said that the top speed was updated to 162mph on my car and they also updated the ability to hold power at high speed.
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--653306550.jpeg_1556997791494.jpeg

I finally got it. WiFi never works at home (too many DNLA devices or something) so I opened a ticket (I was on 8.5) and they pushed it. Good option for those of you who have WiFi issues.

And I like it. Passing power is nice :)
Mine is parked 4 levels below the ground. Every time there is a potential update I have to use my iPhone to tether the WiFi for it. Fortunately 12.1 has this update availability display.

So we've had now 2 updates claiming to generate more horsepower. Does anybody have any real hard data such as Dyno testing on one of the performance models with the 2019. 12. 1. 2 software?
Per my dragy from 2019.9.xxx to 2019.12.1.2, my car is running slightly slower to 60.... 3.5’s instead of 3.4’s with no rollout. Didn’t test on versions prior. Not as good as I’d like to see.

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333