Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$5 to create for sale post?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
really? since when forums charge people to create for sale posts?
eBay, here I come
You think eBay is totally free? LOL
Speaking of eBay's fees:

screenshot-www.ebay.com-2023.09.01-16_45_48.png

So as a full member you can pay $5 to list on TMC, or you can go to eBay and pay 13%. So let's just say you sell something for $500 on eBay, then eBay will take over $65. That is over 1,300% more expensive than TMC's Marketplace.

Of course if you are selling something for relatively cheap, like $20, then sure, a $5 fee all of a sudden becomes a bit much. Luckily, very few items are sold for amounts like that on this site, but for users in such situations, please contact us and if we can determine that your listing is legitimate and you are a full member, we may approve it without requiring the fee.

Any fraud protection or reimbursement process with using this site for selling items? Since the $5 has been put in place to prevent or reduce fraudulent buyers/sellers…
We are not operating anywhere near a scale where we could provide such a service, especially for a listing fee of only $5. We recommend to all who use the Marketplace to only use payment processors such as PayPal which provide buyer and seller protection.

Yeah, it's not going to happen. And the mods quickly delete your post in a normal forum to Strongarm to pay the $5. I'll give that to eBay or offer up before you.
I am not sure what has you so salty about us, while you seem totally positive about a multi-billion dollar corporation that takes 12% of your sale. But don't worry, we'll survive fine without your $5.

Also, we don't allow for sale threads in the non-Marketplace sections because they are off-topic, and may be scammers. We have had that policy long before instituting the listing fees. So your statement about mods not allowing for sale threads there in order to strongarm you to pay $5 is just complete nonsense. Seriously, we are a website of largely Tesla owners, and we are making a thing out of $5?

And again, the primary reason for the listing fees are to discourage scammers and spammers. Nobody is getting rich off a $5 listing fee. 🤦‍♂️

I am not sure what has you so salty about us, while you seem totally positive about a multi-billion dollar corporation that takes 12% of your sale. But don't worry, we'll survive fine without your $5.

Also, we don't allow for sale threads in the non-Marketplace sections because they are off-topic, and may be scammers. We have had that policy long before instituting the listing fees. So your statement about mods not allowing for sale threads there in order to strongarm you to pay $5 is just complete nonsense. Seriously, we are a website of largely Tesla owners, and we are making a thing out of $5?

And again, the primary reason for the listing fees are to discourage scammers and spammers. Nobody is getting rich off a $5 listing fee. 🤦‍♂️
The nice thing about a FREE PUBLIC forum is we can all have our opinions. I don't agree with a sudden change without notice, you don't seem to see an issue with it. We'll never agree. Glad I got a free one in before the "change", We'll see if your ilk abuses power and take that one down too.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdub and ucmndd
The nice thing about a FREE PUBLIC forum is we can all have our opinions. I don't agree with a sudden change without notice, you don't seem to see an issue with it. We'll never agree. Glad I got a free one in before the "change", We'll see if your ilk abuses power and take that one down too.
How much notice do you need about a $5 fee? And would a notice actually be useful in any way? How do you feel about Tesla's sudden changes where they literally raise or lower the cost of their vehicles by thousands of dollars out of nowhere? Yet, according to your signature, you still seem to be a customer of Tesla.

Not sure what you are trying to say by "FREE PUBLIC". TMC is mostly free to use, and mostly public, just like most websites. And would you prefer our Marketplace to have more scammers and spammers? I guess you would as saving $5 is more important to you.

Our "ilk"? LOL, again, don't know what has got you so salty about this.

How much notice do you need about a $5 fee? And would a notice actually be useful in any way? How do you feel about Tesla's sudden changes where they literally raise or lower the cost of their vehicles by thousands of dollars out of nowhere? Yet, according to your signature, you still seem to be a customer of Tesla.

Not sure what you are trying to say by "FREE PUBLIC". TMC is mostly free to use, and mostly public, just like most websites. And would you prefer our Marketplace to have more scammers and spammers? I guess you would as saving $5 is more important to you.

Our "ilk"? LOL, again, don't know what has got you so salty about this.
You seem to like to deflect much of the blame in your posts. I didn't create the post, so surely I'm not the only one.

You seem to like to deflect much of the blame in your posts. I didn't create the post, so surely I'm not the only one.
Blame for what? Everyone for the most part has been reasonable in this thread, except you who is just whining without providing any constructive criticism and without meaningfully addressing the points that have been made.

Blame for what? Everyone for the most part has been reasonable in this thread, except you who is just whining without providing any constructive criticism and without meaningfully addressing the points that have been made.
I guess we'll see how long it lasts. ;) The users can see engagement down across the forums anyway. So it actually makes more sense now.

• Disagree
Reactions: HankLloydRight