Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

car not turning off automatically

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you need to escalate.
That's why it needs to escalate

😂

There’s no genie involved here, saying it 3 times doesn’t result in magic.

Tesla pretty famously has no escalation path. By design. There is no “I want to speak to a manager.” There is no “I will be taking this up with corporate.” They don’t care and have no intention of engaging with anyone in this way.

Your choices are basically accept what you’re told by the service center or arbitrate/sue. There is no in-between.

😂

There’s no genie involved here, saying it 3 times doesn’t result in magic.

Tesla pretty famously has no escalation path. By design. There is no “I want to speak to a manager.” There is no “I will be taking this up with corporate.” They don’t care and have no intention of engaging with anyone in this way.

Your choices are basically accept what you’re told by the service center or arbitrate/sue. There is no in-between.
Have you read your warranty yet?

Have you read your warranty yet?
Of course.

Here in the US it says to email [email protected] with your issue and demands. Tesla famously ignores 99% of the messages sent to that address. It then says your next step is to arbitrate or sue in small claims.

So, again. There is no “talk with the manager” sort of disgruntled consumer escalation path. Your choice is to accept what you’re told or arbitrate/sue.

If they want to escalate to Arbitraion so be it.
If you were are the arbitrator what exactly would you tell Tesla to do? Just start changing out every part in the car until the OP says it doesn't do it any more? Do you honestly think that's reasonable?? You're setting up an impossible standard where the company is forced to cater to the customer's demands. What if the OP went to the SC and said my windshield is cracked. Replace it. And the SC says we don't see any cracks, even under magnification. And the OP says well I see a crack when it's in my driveway, so it's cracked. Under your philosophy, that doesn't matter. The customer said it's cracked so they should just replace it, no questions asked.

There are limited ways the car can fail to to shut down. They need investigating properly.

If T were onto it ithey would be giving OP a tech to call direct next time it happens so they can remote check in and see what the car is thinking it is doing.
Not necessarily a bad idea but remote techs may be limited in their diagnostic abilities. Not to mention, with the recent layoffs, they're probably fairly overworked.