Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50K with charges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
I was re-reading the ME interview on autoblog green: http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/03/12/autobloggreen-qanda-tesla-motors-ceo-martin-eberhard-pt-1/

where Martian said, "And then parallel with that is a much longer durability test. It's about 50,000 miles on a calibrated durability track that's designed to simulate a much larger number of miles of actual driving, and that's ongoing still today. We're running three shifts a day six hours a day of that car driving on the track. And that's going well also. We've learned a few things; things that needed some adjustment and we'll do all those tests again with the next round of cars we're building right now that capture everything we've learned.

I would imaginge that this testing would take considerably longer with 3.5 hour charges between runs as opposed to a 7 minute fillup. I suppose swapping batteries might be faster but would probably negate some testing conclusions.

e